wet/dry filter with mist system

bringseis

i'm getting ready to build tank #2 and am trying to be a bit more ambitious than my last attempt.

i want to pick up a MistKing system or something equivalent, but would ideally like to set up some sort of wet/dry filtration system using bio-balls and charcoal filters so that i can recycle the water that i'm misting into the viv.

has anyone attempted or seen any setup like this? i assume it can be done safely eliminating any fecal contamination.

In my opinion it is not worth it, particularly if the mist is fine enough to be considered nebulized in which case you'd be breathing it in. If your concerns are environmental or economical I would also scratch the idea because the environmental cost of the materials involved, and the time and money consumed will outweigh the benefit of the water and money saved. On the other hand, if you just want a closed loop that will only require occasional maintenance, go for it!

I have made DIY charcoal and zeolite filters with pvc and metal plumbing fixtures, but that was just to improve tap water, not poop water.

don't do it.
at first they would have to drink water with amonia, then nitries in it. then in the end when the biological filters are mature, nitrates.
sure, the nitrates "might be less harmful to fish, but I still can't think that it would be good for a reptile.

just don't do it.

Harry

Back
Top Bottom