werneri breeding

In your opinion (Carl) are these a good species to work with? I've seen them for sale, and have considered to try them. But lack of information held me back.

I find them easy to care for but that is because the room I have dedicated to chameleons fits their needs. Cool temps and moderate to high humidity are a must or they just disappear into the dense foliage.

Carl

Beautiful animals, great pictures, congrats!

Gotta love lobes and horns! One of my favorite species. The female is just so cool!

If i could provide the low temps they need in i would probably have a pair of werneri and quads! i love the flaps on their neck when they're mad, thanks for sharing! good luck with any future babies!

Updated pictures of my two girls. No girly figures on these two. :D

A568A784-A01D-4F94-8EE5-39A55327CD09_zps3jfdgm1q.jpg

26FC39BD-09AF-40F8-AB72-337218397C3A_zpspgeoivan.jpg

Carl

What awesome squamation. Congratulations on getting them to breed. Best of luck with their young. :) A very neat and unappreciated species.

Both females are definitely gravid. I'm expecting a 9 month gestation so should hopefully see babies around january. Judging by their size they should be average size clutch's.

All of the babies these girls dropped in august are doing awesome.

Carl

These are such a lovely underrated chameleon. They are just cool. And they do fit nicely into my montane room.:)

These are such a lovely underrated chameleon. They are just cool. And they do fit nicely into my montane room.:)

By far my favourite species. If I could only get my female to accept the male I'd be in heaven.

I'm thinking you'll see them in your montane room soon. :D

By far my favourite species. If I could only get my female to accept the male I'd be in heaven.

I'd be willing to bet she is already gravid. I'd love to see some pictures of your pair.

Carl

My guys.

Attachments

• DSC_2870.jpg
    DSC_2870.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC_2872.jpg
    DSC_2872.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 255
  • DSC_2873.jpg
    DSC_2873.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC_2874.jpg
    DSC_2874.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 232
They look great! The female appears to be gravid in the second photo.

Carl

Thanks. I'm not sure if she is because they were imported this spring and the guy I got them from said she laid a clutch three weeks before I picked her up, and they were housed separately. She hasn't mated since then, so unless she is retaining sperm I don't think she is....Who knows with these wild caught chams though. I really hope she will give me some babies though.

Back
Top Bottom