WER Gutload

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
We all know that properly gutloading your feeders is crucial and a prerequisite to a healthy captive chameleon. Wild Eye Reptiles donated some of their commercial gutload to the June and July contests, so I decided to order some myself. It has been a couple weeks since I started using the wer gurtload (original formula) and I am very impressed. It is offered at a very reasonable price and my crickets seem to like it. I have a lot to learn when it comes to nutrition, but from the reading I have done I believe their product is superior to a lot of commercial gutloads you find in pet stores.

For more details and nutritional info, I recommend visiting their website:
original formula
montane chameleon formula

According to their newsletter they have an advanced formula coming soon as well.

Attachments

• gutload2.jpg
    gutload2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 172
Brad said:
We all know that properly gutloading your feeders is crucial and a prerequisite to a healthy captive chameleon. Wild Eye Reptiles donated some of their commercial gutload to the June and July contests, so I decided to order some myself. It has been a couple weeks since I started using the wer gurtload (original formula) and I am very impressed. It is offered at a very reasonable price and my crickets seem to like it. I have a lot to learn when it comes to nutrition, but from the reading I have done I believe their product is superior to a lot of commercial gutloads you find in pet stores.

For more details and nutritional info, I recommend visiting their website:
original formula
montane chameleon formula

According to their newsletter they have an advanced formula coming soon as well.
I've been using nature zone total bites...did you happen to compare those 2 to see how they match up. Always on the hunt for something cheaper but better.

I have been using WER gutload for many months now, and couldn't be happier. Every insect in the place seems to appreciate it. I even put a bit into the medium for my fruit fly cultures. Good stuff.

I haven't compared it against other types of gutload, but I do know it is much better received by the insects than Sticky Tongue's gutload.. and the price is so much better.

Heika

I can't speak to the nutritional content of the natures zone products but our nutrition breakdown is available on our page. I've never been a fan of the gelatin type foods as I have seen some evidence of accumulation in the chams feces.

I have recently switched to WER gutload and everything seems to be going well. The crickets seem to eat more of it than my previous brand. If you aren't currently using a gutload, your chameleon isn't getting the most out of their crickets. One of the main reasons that crickets are the primary food for my chams is simply the fact that they can be gutloaded. Superworms and mealworms can be gutloaded too. I've only heard good things about WER gutload and I would recommend it to anyone.

I've been using WER gutload for almost a year now and I really think that it makes a big difference in the nutritional content of the crickets. They live longer and appear fatter now than they did when I was using cruddy ESU gutload. I provide moisture exclusively with collard greens. A 5lb bag of the gutload lasted me for six months, and then another keeper gave me a few more lbs. I'm almost out and I can't wait to try the montane formula. Kudos to WER for a great product.

If you are using something other then WER gutload then you are offering your critters a huge disservice.

Anything store bought/brand name is crap through and through. If I couldn’t get WER then I would go with cricketfood.com, however I feel WER is a far superior gutload. I (and others) have compared the two and WER always gets wolfed down the fastest.

IMO, not using a proper gutload is one of the top 5 mistakes made by newbies and at one time I was one of them.

-roo

i been using flukers high calcium gutload its a dry food then i use esu high calcium cricket drink , when i run out of the flukers i might try the WER stuff.

i got 5 13oz jars left

That shouldnt make a difference ... I threw out more then that when I "woke up". If you have king worms, then you could use that for bedding, just the same I feel that you should have been convinced by now to switch. If you had a child who loved a food item and you had a ton of it and then found out that it wasnt that good for them, would you still keep feeding your kid it just b/c you didnt want to toss it?

-roo

I wouldn't toss it - just use it as a supplement, or as roo said, superworm bedding (that's what I'd do). No single brand name is perfect by itself, so I use a lot of different things. The fluker "total bite" cubes come in handy, especially for use in cages and feeding bowls. They provide moisture and some nutrients, and are easier to use than the normal "cricket water" jellies. Don't buy into the idea that they provide "total" anything, though.

I bought a large jar of the stuff a long time ago, and I still have most of it left. It comes in really handy when I have to go away, and fresh vegetables are not an option. I just throw them in. The roaches seem to really like them, too.

I don't provide much of an intentional "gutload", as is typically defined. I just give my insects a balanced, highly varied diet of leftover fruits and vegetables, with occational dry mixes (that I also vary up every time), and commercial gutloads every once in a while. It's what all of them eat, all of the time.

i am going to get some WER gutload , i was at the website and the stuff is not expensive at all ,i plan on buying 6 pounds .

I wanted to thank everyone for speaking so highly of our product. Leah and I were both a little hesitant when we first thought about selling it but it's a product we really believe in. It makes me very happy that so many people enjoy the product. As always if we can ever answer any questions or field any complaints we are happy to do so.

i just recieved my wer montane gut load yesterday and the crickets love it. they're pretty much attacking the gut load. i got 11 pounds for 45$ thats including shipping. i think the 11 pounds will last me for ever!!! very pleased so far with the product.

Back
Top Bottom