Well I never thought that I would say this...

ChameleonRave

Avid Member
Well today I shipped out my last turtle. It was my "Pearl River Map" newly discovered to be a Pascagoula Map not a Pearl River Map. She was shipped out early this morning and now my turtle tank is empty! Well until later this week when my Black Knob arrives... What am I supposed to do now?!?! This hasn't happened to me since 2007 :eek::confused::confused::(

Post pics of your Turtles and their home.. so the rest of us can ooogle over the cuteness! :)

I'm considering a turtle for the empty 90g ..but I've always been a tortoise type. Any suggestions?

Post pics of your Turtles and their home.. so the rest of us can ooogle over the cuteness! :)

I'm considering a turtle for the empty 90g ..but I've always been a tortoise type. Any suggestions?

i am thinking about a tortoise as well after seeing some pics on here.

You could easily setup a Red Eared Slider Turtle setup. you can have two adults in that thing :)

I will post pictures of my setup and turtle when it gets here! ^__^

i am thinking about a tortoise as well after seeing some pics on here.

Gah! I want to get a tortoise this summer. If I have the money I will be getting a Sulcata, sadly they are huge, so I might go for a Russian or Red Foot.

I have a Yellow Foot senior citizen and she's awesome! Great personality.. really interactive with us (she thinks my toes are edible and will follow me all around the house or yard, trying to eat them) ...and she's not huge.

My beloved Cherry Head Red Foot girly was my heart! Such a sweet girl ..even hanging out with us, lying on our chest and listening to us read. I miss her!

I have a female Russian (another rescue ..all 3 of my girls were, actually), but I'm not overly impressed with her, nor her me. She's not a big tort ..about 7" diameter.. and she's not really demanding. She just doesn't seem to care for me much.. none of us, really. She is loved and looked after, but she pretty much does her own thing and doesn't want to be bothered.

As for turtles, what do you think of Smooth Soft Shells? I've read and heard different things about their adult size, so I'm hesitant.

I have a Yellow Foot senior citizen and she's awesome! Great personality.. really interactive with us (she thinks my toes are edible and will follow me all around the house or yard, trying to eat them) ...and she's not huge.

My beloved Cherry Head Red Foot girly was my heart! Such a sweet girl ..even hanging out with us, lying on our chest and listening to us read. I miss her!

I have a female Russian (another rescue ..all 3 of my girls were, actually), but I'm not overly impressed with her, nor her me. She's not a big tort ..about 7" diameter.. and she's not really demanding. She just doesn't seem to care for me much.. none of us, really. She is loved and looked after, but she pretty much does her own thing and doesn't want to be bothered.

As for turtles, what do you think of Smooth Soft Shells? I've read and heard different things about their adult size, so I'm hesitant.

I love all torts! ^__^ whats a good one to start with? i want a friendly one that will follow me aroung! ^__^.

As for a soft shell they get very big and are very mean! D:

I love the Red Foots most.. and they aren't difficult, husbandry wise. They are omnivores, so it makes meal time a little more exciting. They don't get big either.. from 8" to 12" (15" being possible, but not common).

My Jooby (Red Foot) was really sickly and near death when I first received her. She wasn't eating and had never been kept in proper humidity/temps. After about a week of correct husbandry, she recovered and became a favorite for all of us.

I am biased, but a Red or Yellow Foot would be an ideal addition, for the size alone! I love Sulcattas, but the size is really an issue. Besides, with your Chams, you already have a good understanding of maintaining temps with humidity and good diet/nutrition.

Last edited:
I love the Red Foots most.. and they aren't difficult, husbandry wise. They are omnivores, so it makes meal time a little more exciting. They don't get big either.. from 8" to 12" (15" being possible, but not common).

My Jooby (Red Foot) was really sickly and near death when I first received her. She wasn't eating and had never been kept in proper humidity/temps. After about a week of correct husbandry, she recovered and became a favorite for all of us.

I am biased, but a Red or Yellow Foot would be an ideal addition, for the size alone! I love Sulcattas, but the size is really an issue. Besides, with your Chams, you already have a good understanding of maintaining temps with humidity and good diet/nutrition.

I think I am going to save up for a Red foot! ^___^

If you leave fruit on the floor, it's fair game :)

IM002120.jpg

Jooby "stealing" red papaya...

IM001837.jpg

Mom's steamed chicken salad with edilble flowers is tasty...

IM001684-1.jpg

..but Spot's Stew (by Halo Pet) is my favorite!

Last edited:
i love leopards, they dont get as big as sullys, but still bigger than others mentioned.

Attachments

• buster.jpg
    buster.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 66
  • S7304706.JPG
    S7304706.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 66
  • S7304818.jpg
    S7304818.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 65
  • S7304828.jpg
    S7304828.jpg