Welcoming...

Thehippie

Chameleon Enthusiast
Well after a much unexpected short inactivity, I'm very excited to introduce our new member of the family, a Jacksons chameleon named Comet!! We believe he is a yellow crested Jackson's but if one of you can id him for sure id love to know. Comet has been here for 5 days now and I've been leaving him in his enclosure to acclimate. I haven't held him yet so I'm not sure how strong he is but he seems to be doing ok. He was a chameleon on a craigslist posting being housed in a 18x18x24 exo with some dirt and a branch and a compact uvb from what the pictures and description said. Now his permanent home is a 2x2x4 reptibreeze screen enclosure with the linear t5 6% by arcadia. Comets previous owner said he didn't get him long ago and didn't know if he was wild caught or not but suspicions led him to believe he was. We asked about any vet work and he's never been to a vet. as with all our rescues who do not have vet work, we will get him a fecal and check up to ensure that he is healthy and catch potential problems. Hopefully when he is fully acclimated I'll be able to update you with pictures of him in his enclosure but for now I don't want to be causing him stress since he's acclimating and is an extremely picky eater. For now. here is a picture of when I first brought him home!

Attachments

• 1590537011545.JPEG
    1590537011545.JPEG
    70.6 KB · Views: 110
Well after a much unexpected short inactivity, I'm very excited to introduce our new member of the family, a Jacksons chameleon named Comet!!
Comet? Did he make your lips turn green? :rolleyes:

I had suggestions for keeping the crickets in the cup, but others beat me to them...

He is beautiful hun. Are you quarantining him? Get a fecal to be sure he is clean. ❤

@JacksJill can give you more info to id the species. Also on specifics for supplementation.
We are quarantining him until his fecal and check up which won't be until vets open back up but I definitely will get a fecal done for safe measure!

What I have done is take a large feeder cup. Cut an opening in the side. Tape under the of opening and then staple a plastic mesh hanging from the top that is sealed. atatch off the ground in a good feeding area. As the crickets climb the mesh up the back the chameleon can pick them off. I also place a little gut load for food inside. Change out daily!!!

Back
Top Bottom