Welcoming Groot

pulsetkr

i have been lurking on this forum for a while as i prepared to obtain my first chameleon. my son and daughter in law had been planning to gift me this as a Mother's day present knowing that i longed for this little friend for so long. when i first fell in love with my son's chameleon i knew i was hooked and so started the preparations to bring one home. i read and researched, purchased and continue to purchase everything i feel i will need to have for my little friend. well yesterday was the big day.. and so without further adieu i introduce to one and all Groot my baby veiled chameleon.

his habitat is a 16x16x20, have a monsoon misting system, big dripper, 50 watt basking light, uvb light, diy fogger made from a cool mist vaporizer, have a pothos ivy, and several magna vines in the house, also have ladders from floor level in order to get from below to jungleized area. have several branches in position for his climbing enjoyment. he's already eating small crickets, and small worms. he loves hanging out in the fogger as he did this for several hours after introduced into his new home. he finally strolled over to the basking area to feast on the tiny crickets.... he's very active and seem so to feel right at home very quickly to which i attribute to my months of preparation for his homecoming. i will be updating as he gets more settled with me. i thank all of the knowledge that you all share on here as it is priceless in my opinion. All of you have a great day...

Attachments

• welcoming Groot.jpg
    welcoming Groot.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 205
  • Groot getting into his new house.jpg
    Groot getting into his new house.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 158
  • Groot chilling in his new home.jpg
    Groot chilling in his new home.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 164
Welcome little Groot to your wonderful new home. I know you will be happy with your new Mommy.

And congrats on getting Groot.

oh thank you everyone.... i am so stoked about my new little friend.... he's so amazing to watch.... i have devoted myself to being the best mommy he could ever have hoped for.....

i am so happy that he is very active and has a great appetite ... he really likes his home ... it's so amazing to me how such a small life form can move right into your heart and bring so much joy.....

Attachments

• Groot.jpg
    Groot.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 76
update on Groot

well i have had Groot 3 weeks this coming Friday... He seems to be doing well, eats good and poops good... he turned colors for me today as i reached in for him which was kinda cute, but i realized he was on the defensive. but as soon as he was on my hand he went back to full green as usual and was totally relaxed. he's been through one shed since i got him, and he's just amazing to me of course. loving being a cham mom.... :)

Attachments

• IMG_1043.PNG
    IMG_1043.PNG
    277.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1045.PNG
    IMG_1045.PNG
    318.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1041.jpg
    IMG_1041.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 115
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that Groot is doing well and looking good too. :)
They do have a way of getting right into your heart.

ohhhh yes they do.... he's my little buddy... i'm sure i fuss over him more than i will admit to... and i talk about him at the office like he's one of my kids....lol and i do show pictures too... yep i have it bad for this little guy...

ohhhh yes they do.... he's my little buddy... i'm sure i fuss over him more than i will admit to... and i talk about him at the office like he's one of my kids....lol and i do show pictures too... yep i have it bad for this little guy...

Oh just wait until your neighbors spot you frantically leaping around your yard or nearby shrubberies with a butterfly net trying to find insect treats for Groot! They'll finally be convinced that you are crazy.

Or, wait for the UPS delivery person watching your thrilled reaction over the hornworms or roaches they just handed you on the doorstep. Now THAT'S a look!

We are waiting for the inevitable first question about poop with bated breath.

At least you'll know we understand and that you are in good company here.

Last edited:
Carlton, that would be me outside with the net chasing dragon flies and moths around!! lol Dragon flies are a b#@tch to catch!!!

Carlton, that would be me outside with the net chasing dragon flies and moths around!! lol Dragon flies are a b#@tch to catch!!!

I just had Lottie outside and she snatched a big dragon fly that landed on her hibiscus. It was big enough for Cooper. :eek:

Yea the crazy things we do for our chams but they are so worth it.

Oh no they go after dragon flies? I love them and will be sad if my boy gets one.

plusetkr I understand you completely.

carlton oh yes I was waiting for roaches to be delivered and when the UPS driver found out what he had in his hand the face was more interesting to see.

i do a lot of ordering on line and the UPS, Fed Ex people as well as my mail person know me well.... i'm not sure i would have the heart to tell them what they have in the box....lol... but i sure do have that silent smile when they deliver boxes and myself know what they contain. hahahaha.... i love hearing about everyone's daily lives with these amazing little life forms that come in and capture our hearts so intensely ...

Back
Top Bottom