Weirdest questions youve been asked about chams....

Graves923

Chameleon Enthusiast
So, normally I am all for answering what ever questions I can about chameleons but I was just asked THE strangest question about how chameleons climb....

"How do chameleons stick to things and climb? Do they have suction cups like octopus do?"

I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing and answer the question. :ROFLMAO:

So, have any of you guys and gals been asked weird questions like this?

Yup. I tried to explain the damage that could be done to the wild population if it was returned, etc but that didn't seem to sink in....all that was important to them was that it shouldn't be in captivity and should be put back into the wild.

Wow people eh? Just to add to that... I really feel like captivity in some situations has a utilitarian benefit. When people see animals and have the opportunity to learn about them up close, they are more likely to care about them. And in return the impact we have on them. Groups like that seem to do more harm than good at times.

I had my dad ask me why i would want such an ugly creature in my house. Now mind you, i have had various reptiles my whole life, including snakes. But now that I'm in my mid 30s and living in my own home with my own family, it's suddenly horrible!

Wow people eh? Just to add to that... I really feel like captivity in some situations has a utilitarian benefit. When people see animals and have the opportunity to learn about them up close, they are more likely to care about them. And in return the impact we have on them. Groups like that seem to do more harm than good at times.
I don't think peta really cares about doing harm to wild animals. All they care about is you not having an animal.

I had my dad ask me why i would want such an ugly creature in my house. Now mind you, i have had various reptiles my whole life, including snakes. But now that I'm in my mid 30s and living in my own home with my own family, it's suddenly horrible!

Chameleons are far from ugly! In my opinion, when you look into a chams eyes (when you can...) You can almost see them think and get a feel of their personality. I've never felt that way about snakes or other reptiles.

@Graves923 thats so true, i cant believe someone would think theyre ugly. Even the people i know that dont like reptiles still think the chams are cute/cool/funny looking. Im amazed by how well they can problem solve. They seem to be able to get anywhere they want and have things mapped out in their heads. Only reptiles that match them in personality IMO would be tegus/monitors for their oddly high intelligence.

Agreed! My dad can be quite an a--hole at times and will never admit that he's pleased with anything I do. When I lived with him and my mom, I had a corn snake, bearded dragons, lepoard geckos, a chinese water dragon, and a turtle. Plus a variety of birds, fish (fresh water and salt water), and hamsters and mice! He never had a problem with any of those! (Although he did avoid my bedroom.....which is where the majority of them were kept...) LOL I think his biggest problem is Echo's casque. He can't fathom why it's there or what purpose it would serve, so he doesn't like it.

I was looking at baby veileds and my step grandpa asked me why I want one and proceeded to tell me how ugly they were and asked how I could think something that ugly is cute.

Back
Top Bottom