Weird yellow poop with blood

Jackmandoo

• Your Chameleon - Ambilobe panther chameleon, male, 5 months old, I have had him for 2 months
  • Handling - I try to keep handling to a minimum, but it is usually a couple of times a week.
  • Feeding - I have been feeding him crickets dusted with calcium(I give him whatever he can eat) two days ago I started giving him super worms(he has only eaten 2). I normally gave the crickets apples and Carrots.
  • Supplements - I normally dust his food with miner-all outdoor every day, and with nutroball every two weeks.
  • Watering - I have a mistking which mists his cage three times a day for 2-3 minutes
  • Fecal Description - It is normally a very dark brown and slight yellow urate. He has not been tested for parasites.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 2’x2’x4’ screen cage
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - I have an umbrella tree and
  • Placement - The cage is located in a room far from vents, the top of the cage is 6’ from the ground
  • Location - I live near Houston Texas

Current Problem - Last night I came home and noticed something yellow sticking out of my chameleons but. I decided to leave him alone because he was already asleep. This morning I woke up and noticed some blood in it (it was still there from the night before). He also seems to be very tired and uncomfortable, which is weird because he is normally active. I don’t think he is going to make it. I would love any help.

These are some pictures.
69119415-52EA-4E98-950A-5795C74213CD.jpeg
4F9516BE-0105-42A6-918A-7B6F9AED7D74.jpeg
ACDD9E76-EF44-4D77-B060-9464E988A360.jpeg
F9601E2A-65D3-42AE-BD4E-FE3184456BA4.jpeg

Sugar water could shrink it back down but you still need to keep it most after you soak it in sugar water. Definitely need to see a vet. Once they prolapse once it can happen again...especially if not fixed by a vet.

The chameleon looks quite thin too...bones showing in the tail and all. I don't like the way it's sitting on the branch either. I think that you need to get it to the vet ASAP!

Hope you have a good vet in mind.

What UVB light do you use and what basking light? You don't have lights on at night do you?

What's the temperature in the cage and in the basking area?

Your feeding/gutloading of the insects needs improvement. I recommend greens such as dandelion greens, endive, escarole, collards, kale, mustard greens, etc veggies such as squash, zucchini, sweet potatoes, sweet red pepper, etc and a little bit of fruit such as berries, apples, pears, melon, etc.

Are you keeping the tissue moist with K-Y jelly? Don't use Vaseline please.

This was him when I first got him. He has grown, but not as much as I would expect. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help this(food or enclosure). What would you recommend feeding him.View attachment 247949
He appeared healthy in this pic. His lack of growth and prolapse are tied together in some way. You’ve got to get him through this first before worrying about his future diet and viv. I’d stick to small soft horn or silk worms for now.

The previous owner could have had him on a low nutrition diet with too much exoskeleton...mealworms and not enough water

The previous owner could have had him on a low nutrition diet with too much exoskeleton...mealworms and not enough water
Not attacking, honest questions. If that were the case how do you explain the decline? Wouldn't the cham have already been displaying these symptoms?

• Your Chameleon - Ambilobe panther chameleon, male, 5 months old, I have had him for 2 months
  • Handling - I try to keep handling to a minimum, but it is usually a couple of times a week.
  • Feeding - I have been feeding him crickets dusted with calcium(I give him whatever he can eat) two days ago I started giving him super worms(he has only eaten 2). I normally gave the crickets apples and Carrots.
  • Supplements - I normally dust his food with miner-all outdoor every day, and with nutroball every two weeks.
  • Watering - I have a mistking which mists his cage three times a day for 2-3 minutes
  • Fecal Description - It is normally a very dark brown and slight yellow urate. He has not been tested for parasites.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 2’x2’x4’ screen cage
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - I have an umbrella tree and
  • Placement - The cage is located in a room far from vents, the top of the cage is 6’ from the ground
  • Location - I live near Houston Texas

Current Problem - Last night I came home and noticed something yellow sticking out of my chameleons but. I decided to leave him alone because he was already asleep. This morning I woke up and noticed some blood in it (it was still there from the night before). He also seems to be very tired and uncomfortable, which is weird because he is normally active. I don’t think he is going to make it. I would love any help.
Hello after reading throw your sheet I found a few things but no matter what you little one needs a vet. If he makes it you need to make these changes

1) your gutload and supplement schedule is wrong. If that is miner all sticky tongue you can us it every feeding, I have that one for my chams. Your gutload needs work,Organic fruits and vegetables or you can get bug burger
image.jpg

71A7A35A-A594-4DD7-94EE-DAEEB765DC85.png
Repashy Bug Burger Insect Gel Food 12 Oz (3/4 lb) 340g JAR https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RM796YA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_1b1MDbSB606DC
75A77AF5-26EE-42EA-BE6D-9E623932BCE2.jpeg 8B70E27A-1CC4-4849-AB72-C8D677383A4D.jpeg

2) what lights are you using? what’s your schedule? What is you
B8F10C04-8D63-496B-91D2-6A8201DFAF50.png
Etekcity Lasergrip 774 Non-contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun -58℉~ 716℉ (-50℃ ~ 380℃), Yellow and Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00837ZGRY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Ce1MDb894SWV7

3) what’s your humidity?
CB58414D-44BC-4449-9719-C2835BDEB0D3.png
Veanic 4-Pack Mini Digital Electronic Temperature Humidity Meters Gauge Indoor Thermometer Hygrometer LCD Display Fahrenheit (℉) for Humidors, Greenhouse, Garden, Cellar, Fridge, Closet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GNMKYCZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Df1MDbQEBHM3Z

Ok, I was under the impression he got him in bad shape, so the cham has declined in his care after he got him? He needs to fill out the husbandry sheet then because he is doing something wrong

Back
Top Bottom