Hello all! About three nights ago I looked into Winstons cage and I noticed he had some black stripes on his face, the kind he has when he's angry. It was weird though because I have never seen him have those stripes when he is asleep and also its never just been on his head before, usually its his entire body then gets those angry little stripes. The next morning when I checked on him he still had them and he still does 3 days later! I have no idea why they are there because nothing in my room has changed and neither has anything in his set up. His appetite dropped by quite a bit at the same time as the black stripes started showing up. He went from eating about 10 - 15 feeders a day to about 5. Then yesterday he had a weird poop and I thought maybe it was a weird one time situation but today when he pooped this one was weird too. It was longer than it usually is and the urate has a weird red-orange part in it. I have no idea what's going on and I think this is especially weird since it suddenly started overnight. He has very gradually been eating more and losing the dark stripes but not all the way. Any advice on what might be wrong would be very much appreciated! I want to get him better as soon as I can because I'll be moving houses in a few weeks and I'm sure that alone will be plenty of stress for him. I'll include a pic of the poop and a picture of him with his face stripes vs. how he usually looks. *The green part next to the poop is just the reflection of a leaf*
- Your Chameleon – 9 month old male ambilobe panther chameleon. I’ve had him for a about 6 months.
- Handling – I let him crawl onto my hand when he wants to, usually about every other day on average.
- Feeding –Mostly superworms and crickets, occasionally dubias and bsfl. Feeding him roughly 10 feeders a day. I usually feed him around 3pm. I gutload the feeders with apples, oranges, carrots for the most part, ocassionally sweet potatoes, collard greens and a few others.
- Supplements – Repashy Calcium Plus for every feeding & a couple feeders every 2 weeks dusted with repashy vitamin A
- Watering – I use a mistking with a screen top wedge nozzle. I mist every day 3 times a day for 2 minutes each time with a 15 minute misting every Sunday. I usually don’t see him drinking but will occasionally.
- Fecal Description – Has never been tested for parasites. His poop is usually moist and tight packed and most of the urates were close to white until the past two.
- History – I bought him from kammerflage kreations in when he was 3 or 4 months old
- Cage Type – Reptibreeze screen cage, 24” X 24” X 48”
- Lighting – T5 quad fixture with a 12% arcadia uvb bulb, for heat he as a 75 watt basking bulb. The lights come on at 7:30 AM and they turn off at 7:30 PM.
- Temperature – Cage floor is 70 degrees, basking spot is about 90 degrees. Temperature never drops below 67 at night. To measure I use a thermometer/hygrometer and I have a temperature gun
- Humidity – The room humidity is usually around 30-40%, the cage humidity is usually between 45% and 60%. I have a live umbrella plant and a smaller pothos in the cage. I measure it with the thermometer/hygrometer.
- Plants – I have an umbrella plant and a smaller pothos in the cage. I also have a ficus alii and a few other small houseplants in the room.
- Placement – His cage is in my bedroom/office since I work from home. His cage is only about 6 feet away from my desk that I work at. Also my back is always turned away from him while I’m working so he doesn’t feel like I’m staring at him. Its not near any fans or vents.
- Location – Northern Utah