Weird Panther behavior

So everything else has been okay with Ares he just finished a shed about a week ago and is eating normal etc . 2 days ago I noticed him upside down with his head towards the roots of the pothos. As I was watching him he kept pushing his head down until he got to the top of the soil and tried to take a little bite! Of course I panicked and opened the door and intervened but he kept TRYING to do it on and off for the next hour or so . Really weird . None of my chams are plant chewers and have never seen any of them interested with the soil . Does anyone have any info why he might of done this? Anything to be worried about etc ? Thanks in advance yall & sorry I haven't been as active :( .. always busy lol

my chameleon loves to eat her plants but I don’t know why the eat the dirt mine will try to eat the dirt some times. @kinyonga
Veleid chameleons eat plants and it's normal

Panther chameleons eat branches and chew on them sometimes they eat plants too, he should be fine

However sometimes when chameleons do this it is because of improper supplementation, what is your supplementation schedule?

Veleid chameleons eat plants and it's normal

Panther chameleons eat branches and chew on them sometimes they eat plants too, he should be fine

However sometimes when chameleons do this it is because of improper supplementation, what is your supplementation schedule?
I use this Arcadia like 5 times a week.
20220112_113547.jpg

Then I use this Repashy twice a month.
20220112_113555.jpg
Recently haven't been dusting Ares bugs as much bc I've been using Grasshoppers (new feeder they seem to love) & silks . But crickets pretty much always get dusted

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom