Weird movements and noises.

OreoPapii

My chameleon Zippy is 5 months old and yesterday when I was laying in bed I was on my phone and out of the corner of my eye I saw him moving and I watched him and he was wiggling his body back and forth like a snake idk if he was trying to get his shed off or what but he also puffed up yesterday and made a little squeak and I feel like he might have some type of lung infection and I’ve been really worried about him and also today I just noticed him making a squeak noise and he also looked like he yawned and then he did a quick shake and I wanna take him to the vet I’m not sure how to take him what to put him in when we go to the vet I don’t know what to do and I really need help.

Put him in a shoe box, no holes. Sensory deprivation is the least stressful way of transportating him, he may even go to sleep.

It sounds like your describing a URI but all we can do is guess without you providing the help form and pics, preferably videos.

Put him in a shoe box, no holes. Sensory deprivation is the least stressful way of transportating him, he may even go to sleep.

It sounds like your describing a URI but all we can do is guess without you providing the help form and pics, preferably videos.
Thank you so I have a shoebox I’ve put a little carpet on the bottom and paper towels on the side would that be enough or should I do more?

its all good, i would get him to a vet before it develops though, good on you for catching it early

Thank you so I have a shoebox I’ve put a little carpet on the bottom and paper towels on the side would that be enough or should I do more?

I put a towel or face cloth on the bottom with little ridges made in it so they have something to hold onto.

try holding one of his fav feeders near the inside of your elbow, hold out your hand and see if he walks on your arm :)

Bait is the best way!^ but if that doesn’t work slowly put one hand in front of him just below his jaw and right in front of his chest. Then with your other hand gently tickle his butt, he won’t like it and should make him want to walk forward to escape. When he does that slowly lift your hand so his only option is to climb onto it.

The most important part of this technique is patience and NEVER put either of your hands above him, he will panic!

Bait is the best way!^ but if that doesn’t work slowly put one hand in front of him just below his jaw and right in front of his chest. Then with your other hand gently tickle his butt, he won’t like it and should make him want to walk forward to escape. When he does that slowly lift your hand so his only option is to climb onto it.

The most important part of this technique is patience and NEVER put either of your hands above him, he will panic!

I really like that short clip of handling on this. That was a great technique. The Chameleon is pretty cute too!

Back
Top Bottom