Weird mark on arm

Peeps101

Established Member
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Male veiled chameleon, he is 6 or 7 months old, I've had him since Feb this year.
  • Handling - Rarley.
  • Feeding - I feed him crickets, rarley hornworms, and some super worms. I feed the feeders carrots, mango, and hibiscus.
  • Supplements - I use D3 once every 2 weeks and Vit A cal nearly every feeding.
  • Watering - I hand mist his cage for about 2 min a couple times everyday.
  • Fecal Description - Has not been tested, his fecal is brown. The urate is white, a little watery and slightly orange or yellow, I know that means some dehydration, he has been drinking a little less.
  • History - Not that I know of.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - His cage is screen and it is mostly wide than tall (yes I know) and the size is 18 by 30 inch.
  • Lighting - I turn his lamps on at 7 or 8am and off at 8 or 9pm. He has a Linear T8 UVB and a heating basking lamp.
  • Temperature - Temp at high place of cage is 80 and the lower place of it is around 70s. (It gets to 60 at night when his lamps are off).
  • Humidity - I use a thermometer to track his heat and humidity levels, humidity stays about 60%-70%.
  • Plants - Umbrella plant, golden pothos, and two Hibiscus.
  • Placement - My room, very low traffic other than me coming in to feed him. It is on top of a stable wood drawer. About 1 or maybe 2 feet off the ground.
  • Location - Nor Cali

Current Problem - Two days ago I noticed a small yellow-ish mark like a circle on his right-upper arm. I didn't really think anything of it until tonight when I saw that it got bigger..

Need pictures to offer anything useful
E2DCD6FC-7462-4527-A33E-65754F33991E.jpeg

Ok so it is some kind of fungus? Should I schedule a vet appointment and see if any medicine would be needed?
I am not telling you it is CANV. I am telling you that strange marks showing up like that is the signature symptom of CANV and should be taken very seriously. If it were mine, he would be at the vet like yesterday.

I am not telling you it is CANV. I am telling you that strange marks showing up like that is the signature symptom of CANV and should be taken very seriously. If it were mine, he would be at the vet like yesterday.
I will call today and see if any appointments are available. If not do you think there is anything else I can do while I wait?

We take care of our own, keep us posted!
It’s been a couple weeks (and nothing has gotten worse) so I haven’t been posting lots. From the day I said I took him to the vet, he said it looked to him like a normal coloring. And that if it gets any worse, rises, becomes puffy, or if puss or anything starts to come out then bring him in right away. So far the mark hasn’t changed, but Silly is still eating and drinking well, and staying active.

Back
Top Bottom