Weird eye issue

you said..."My point being her pee goes on the plants I have no way other than that to see the color of her pee so this is what her vet said to look at to determine color"...
Once again...the white spots or film on the plants is minerals that have remained on the leaves when the water evaporated off the leaves after they were misted. Urates will be a sausage like white or orangish blob similar to the poop that comes out of the chameleon...as was shown in a onoto already provided for you.

You said..."Also they absolutely do obsorb thru skin this is why they require misting and baths"..."The chameleon skin is impenetrable by water, the level at which the water can penetrate it, is barely measurable. Their weight was also almost same or even minutely higher before the sunrise and at the beginning of basking"...
https://www.monkfieldreptile.com/SS...ty/Chameleon-Hydration-Utilising-Fog-2020.pdf

Chameleons are different than other reptiles. They do not absorb water through their skin. You really have to be careful what you google. Most of the information out there is incorrect. Just because it shows up in a search does not mean it has any validity. Chameleons drink water, they have the ability to pull moisture out of the air as well if they are breathing in cool moist air at night, and they are dry shedders so if you are putting a cham in water you can also screw up their ability to shed properly if they have a shed coming on.
Will agree to disagree on that seeing how I was told to do it not only by the number one Cham vet in New England but also the husbandary care lady and the Cham paperwork they gave me but either way...so ideas on the eye problem would be awesome if any come to mind

Will agree to disagree on that seeing how I was told to do it not only by the number one Cham vet in New England but also the husbandary care lady and the Cham paperwork they gave me but either way...so ideas on the eye problem would be awesome if any come to mind

Please understand I am not attacking with this response. I simply don’t have a better way of saying it. For that, I apologize…

You can disagree all you like. I would suggest, however that you look past the stuff you already know from one source, and research. You do not have to take the advice of one or two here, but do some searching. I can’t begin to tell you how many experts do not know enough about the care of old world chameleons. Much of what is advised is based on what works with other animals. Sorry, but I won’t agree to disagree on things that are potentially stressing your chameleon. Soaking is doing nothing to benefit.

Also they absolutely do obsorb thru skin this is why they require misting and baths
Don't knw if I would trust much on that site. Some is right and some is wrong. I went there and read a few things. Some members here have 20+ years of experience. They are here cause they want to help and spread knowledge to new keeps and old keeps. They want what best for you can. The internet can not be trusted as a source for information. Inless you do plenty of research and cross reference everything you find. Good thing here is all has been cross referenced and tried.

I am not going to continue to press something that you insist is correct. If you choose to believe that then that is up to you. I do however wish you were open to our feedback since you came here for help.

If you would like us to do a husbandry review please fill out the form below by copying and pasting it into your reply. Please be detailed in your responses. I also need pictures of the enclosure as it is now and what she was in prior when the eye issues developed.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom