Weird chameleon

Ok so yesterday I went out and bought gauges and multi-vitamin supplements. I am including pics. The multivitamin was the only one the pet shop had in stock. Are these ok for him. I am planning to do multi and D3 every two weeks with calcium every day. I switched out his bulb too just in case. I am giving the last of the superworms to my gecko. Anything else I can change or do that would help?
Yes your basking spot should be 90-95 degrees Fahrenheit. Also I would not use an analog thermometer or hygrometer for a reptile as they are not the most accurate or consistent. I have seen some that are off by 20 degrees Fahrenheit so I would get a digital thermometer and hygrometer.

After getting a thermostat, I feel fairly confident that my tempatures are good. It was bought at a reptile show. I understand not buying from pet shops and avoid them like the plague with the exception of food an supplies. I do believe after talking with a few people that its basking area was to low from the light but I moved it to about 6-8 inches from the light since then and replaced the bulb just to be on the safe side. However I just looked up the bulbs to show a picture and Maybee I have found my problem. I will have to go home and double check my lights. I think they may just be basking and not uvb. Although I could almost be certain they where uvb. I will post once I get home today

Yes your basking spot should be 90-95 degrees Fahrenheit. Also I would not use an analog thermometer or hygrometer for a reptile as they are not the most accurate or consistent. I have seen some that are off by 20 degrees Fahrenheit so I would get a digital thermometer and hygrometer.
Female veileds should not be kept that hot. I keep mine around 82-85°

Female veileds should not be kept that hot. I keep mine around 82-85°
I have been keeping it in lower temps that that. Today after work I am buying a new fixure. Below is a pic of the one I am looking at now. Any opinion on if this is good or not?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-20-11-33-17.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-20-11-33-17.png
    542.7 KB · Views: 118
I have been keeping it in lower temps that that. Today after work I am buying a new fixure. Below is a pic of the one I am looking at now. Any opinion on if this is good or not?
I think that should work fine. Just make sure to change the UVB bulb every 5 months, since these bulbs stops producing uvb after some time.

Thank you all, I will keep this up to date with whatever happens. Judging by everything I have read and everything you all have supplied me with. I feel I am better armed and after today I will have done everything I can. Still not sure about the licking thing, but y'all have given me a lot of insite on another problem I was having. This is not my first attempt at chameleons but hopefully my first success. I do care a lot about all of my pets and very rarely have issues. I also have leopard geckos, rat snakes, sulcata tortoise, iguana, basilisk lizards, parrots, and so much more. Chameleons have always been my favorite. However they are very much out of my league.

Just a real quick note. So the image I added is what I have been using so that is indeed my issue. He does not have a uvb bulb. So lighting has definately been my issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-20-16-44-54.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-20-16-44-54.png
    400.3 KB · Views: 116
So, I apologize for not getting back sooner and if anyone is still following this I would like to give an update. So yes I thought I had a UVB bulb on rogue( my female Veiled) and it was not. Thank you all for your patients with me. In closed is a picture of her today. I came to y'all with a question and found I had another issue that y'all saved her from.
Today she is strong and friendly. She comes to me every day her. She still has a misshapen crest and issues feeding. I try giving her a few crickets by hand to make sure she gets something and then release the rest in her cage for her to chase down. It takes her a long time and can't seem to use her tongue correctly. I still don't know what the issue is there but since her I have acquired another male veiled and a male panther. Both are about a yr old and doing very well. My male panther won't come to me but has little issues being handled. The male veiled wants to eat my face when I even look at him lol.

Attachments

• 0429181154c.jpg
    0429181154c.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 0429181154b.jpg
    0429181154b.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 15250186876581746394471.jpg
    15250186876581746394471.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 0429181154c.jpg
    0429181154c.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 0429181154b.jpg
    0429181154b.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 101
Get to a vet.

Get superworms. Not meal worms. Gutload them with baby bird food and other gutload things you can find on the diet page but it looks like it's getting mdb. Even with gutloaded and dusting mine still needs liquid and it didn't look this bad.

that was a long time ago. My recent post was an update to how she is doing now. The MBD did cause a lot of damage and it was caught late. I think it did do some irreparable damage to her front legs since she still has bends in them but make no mistake she is very strong.
The problem was that I though I had UVA and UVB but actually only had two UVAs. So of course one problem caused another and so on and so forth. If I didn't come to this group when I did she may have died. So I am very grateful to everyone that chastised me lol.

Back
Top Bottom