Weird bumps

BabyCham96

So, I work at petsmart and I own a chameleon so I keep an extra eye on the ones at work and we have a female veiled at work that has weird bumps on her ribs. We need to take her to the vet but my manager hasn't made the appointment yet, so I was hoping somebody on here knew what it is so I can take better care of her till we get her in.

Attachments

• 20170617_191829.jpg
    20170617_191829.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 152
my male had/has them. firstly changing the uv light helped. also my vet said it can be from an injury too. but it can also be calcium buildup. I changed my uv bulb and he got better I also cut back handling him (which wasn't much anyhow) it took a long time for them to get better (month or so) they aren't completely gone but have shrunk to barely anything. definitely recommend a vet to see it as I'm not one :)

my male had/has them. firstly changing the uv light helped. also my vet said it can be from an injury too. but it can also be calcium buildup. I changed my uv bulb and he got better I also cut back handling him (which wasn't much anyhow) it took a long time for them to get better (month or so) they aren't completely gone but have shrunk to barely anything. definitely recommend a vet to see it as I'm not one :)
I'll see if I can get my manager to change that. I also hate how everyone there tries to handle her and hand her over to customers do you have any pictures of your chams bumps?

pet stores here don't allow you to handle the chams unless you're buying it. they should definitely not be being handled by everybody. smh. they can be hard to see but there is two in the brown stripe in the middle

Attachments

• 20170517_191610.jpg
    20170517_191610.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 88
pet stores here don't allow you to handle the chams unless you're buying it. they should definitely not be being handled by everybody. smh. they can be hard to see but there is two in the brown stripe in the middle
I can see them. And yeah whenever I'm on shift I make sure they're not handled unless being bought, unless it's the bearded dragon or snakes cause the more those are handled the friendlier they are, but not too much handling. I'm going to schedule the vet appointment myself cause they aren't doing it fast enough and I'll see if I can change her uvb, the setup for her is weird and I don't know how to change anything.

sounds like in your hands she will be ok. it will take time and any improvements you can make to her situation I'm sure will help. I know it's probably impossible but real sun light is the best even if it's for a short period of time

sounds like in your hands she will be ok. it will take time and any improvements you can make to her situation I'm sure will help. I know it's probably impossible but real sun light is the best even if it's for a short period of time
I moved her to the back so she's not on the sales floor being bothered and she's only handled by associates that are checking her condition so hopefully that helps and I set up a uvb in the back with her but I think it might be the same as the one she had in her display. I'll also see if my manager will let me sun bathe her every other day to see if that helps. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom