Weird bumps on Pygmy

TCMontium

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Sub-adult female Rhampholeon spectrum. She can be WC or not, I don't know.
Handling - Two or three times every week but she is nor aggressive or stressed
Feeding - New born grasshopper, micro mealworm, new born Dubia
Supplements - Exo Terra Multivitamin once every 2 weeks, Rep-cal Calcium Without D3 every other day
Watering - With a pressurized hand mister, 3 times in a day
Fecal Description - Normal, there is 3 photos below
History - He bought the pygmy and 2 more pygmy 5 weeks ago, other 2 pygmy died last week

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Komodo terrarium 18"x14"x12"h
Lighting - Warm white LED fixture (12 hours)
Humidity - %60-%80
Plants - Fake plants
Placement - No fans or something
Location - Istanbul / Turkey

Current Problem - She has 3 bumps on her body. 2 other R. spectrum in her cage have died last week.

Hello,

My friend has a female Rhampholeon spectrum. She was eating well and had no problems, her skin was normal. But last week 2 other Spectral Pygmy in her cage have died and then these bumps appeared. What are these bumps? How can we heal her?

DSC_3080.jpg

DSC_3081.jpg

DSC_3082.jpg

DSC_3087.jpg

DSC_3094.jpg

Fecal photos:

DSC_3060.jpg

DSC_3061.jpg

DSC_3066.jpg

I'm no exoert but it could be a fungal or viral or bacterial infection. Kinda reminds me of Nannizziopsiosis vreisii...aka CANV due to the ringworm look of the one lesion. You will need a vet to test for it.

I'm no exoert but it could be a fungal or viral or bacterial infection. Kinda reminds me of Nannizziopsiosis vreisii...aka CANV due to the ringworm look of the one lesion. You will need a vet to test for it.

Thanks for your comment. But she have died today. :(

Really sorry to hear that.
Didn't know what to advise when i first read your post tbh, so didn't reply. Was going to advise the same as kinyonga, regards a vet. Your pygmy's were almost certainly WC, i would have thought. A visit to the vets would most likely have made little difference imo, As these things need to be sorted very quickly to have any chance.
Unfortunately pygmy chameleons seem to be extremely delicate. Especially newly imported animals. I have lost a couple myself fairly recently. One brevicaudatus & a temporalis, both WC. Although no visible signs of anything wrong with either. Feeding fine one minute, then dead the next. Very frustrating & upsetting, especially when they appear to be settling in & doing well.

Back
Top Bottom