Weird bump

Just in case, do make sure to take precautions not to pass it on to your other reptiles. Good handwashing in between handling and tending them, using separate items for each, etc. My girl Stella has had a papilloma since around 2020 and just simple precautions have prevented it from spreading.

Just in case, do make sure to take precautions not to pass it on to your other reptiles. Good handwashing in between handling and tending them, using separate items for each, etc. My girl Stella has had a papilloma since around 2020 and just simple precautions have prevented it from spreading.
Will do, glad Stella’s doing well with it! That gives me hope!

It’s looking more and more like shed and hasn’t changed in size!

I dont think its shed. Ive had two chams with it - both lived a long time (one made it to 7!) with only an occasional “wart” or “pox.” It is definitely contagious to other chams. In some chams it can cause larger “pox” internally and/or externally, but at this size I wouldnt worry about that. They may fall off but others may reappear later. Sometimes they are very small. My vet wrote it off as dead scales w/o a biopsy but based on their size and reappearance, I believe he was mistaken.

The crustiness and size is what leads me to believe its pap. Usually when rhey shed? They shed around it. Dont pick at it. Good luck and let us know how you make out at the vet.

Back
Top Bottom