Weird bump

Thatcher

Chameleon Enthusiast
peach fuzz was sitting on a branch with one leg not fully gripping and eyes kinda sunken and tail kinda curled, could just be getting ready for bed but I do see this bump on him. Any ideas? He is 3 years old
IMG_4698.jpeg

Don’t know if he’s going into a shed or coming out of one to be honest but there is shed on him in some areas

His eyes do sink in a little when beginning to sleep and after a few minutes his eyes are normal maybe I stressed him out a little, took another close up picture which makes me think it’s shed because of the white area
IMG_4699.png

Don’t really know how this could have happened because I haven’t handled him or any reptile for months, what steps should I take now?

I’m not super familiar with papillomas but I’d say that’s what it looks like to me. It’s usually benign from what I’ve seen from other keepers. I’d you don’t see any other symptoms that your boy is sick you could just watch it and see what happens. It also won’t hurt to take him to the vet for peace of mind if you have the ability to do so.

Back
Top Bottom