weight with pics of my 3month panther

Hoj

Friendly Grasshopper
so i have been looking into cham weights a bit the last couple days after i saw some posts and what not with chams weighing in th 30g range at 4 months old.
i fould this puzzleing as my little guy i know to be 10-11 weeks old is very tiny and only 3g, and do not see how he can gain 10x his weight over a months time.
so i have weighed my guy again as well as contacted the breeder who was very helpfull and weighed 3 of his cluchmates as well as chams from 3 other cluches ranging in ages from 10 weeks to just over 4 months and all the weights were from 2.9g to just over 4g.
so iam still confused about some of the other weights i have seen on here. i have wondered if some people are ageing thier chams from the time they got them maybe and not the acctuall hatch date, or not zeroing out the scale for the container weight??
very curious about this????
here a couple pics i took this morning

this is the scale i used

196508_1827483759232_1004438354_2112314_2691979_n.jpg

here it is on and zeroed out with the lid i put him on

197444_1827484359247_1004438354_2112315_2753589_n.jpg

a few of him on and you can see a whopping 3.1g

189642_1827484879260_1004438354_2112316_3075871_n.jpg

198916_1827482559202_1004438354_2112311_885081_n.jpg

and a few of him ( Gizmo )

198896_1827482839209_1004438354_2112312_4494826_n.jpg

199684_1827483279220_1004438354_2112313_10183_n.jpg

thanks for looking as always id love to hear your comments

thx hoj

Gizmo is perfect. If someone has a panther who weights 30 grams at 3 months maybe we need to talk to them.:eek:

I seen the same thread and you seen my 2 month pics I posted yesterday... My guy is no where near 30 grams.. I meant to weigh him last night, but ran out of time.. Will do tonight, but yeah I am thinking about 3 grams and mine is now at 3 months old.. I too wondered how the same aged panther could be 10x the size.. Glad I was not the only one reading that thread and thinking that.. My conclusion is that the true age of the cham cannot be right.. But who knows I guess..

I wouldn't pay too much attention to anyone else's weights. I did that with my first panther, Cerb, when he was young and it used to drie me nuts. I'd call his breeder worried that he was at 6 months and only weighed 20-30g or so (can't remember exactly, but I remember he was "supposed" to be at double or tripple that from the weights I was seeing) and he'd tell me not to worry. Then he hit a growth spurt and is now at a much more normal weight/size. Same for Cobalt and Nautilus - at 6 months each respectively was only at about 25-30g. Cobalt has since grown quite a bit, and Nautilus is slowly catching up.

The point is, as long as he's eating, his fecals are clean, and you know that he's healthy, I really wouldn't worry about it. He's a cutie!

3.1g at 3 months seems a bit light to me.

Maybe he pooped out everything right before you weighed him.

Because I was curious, I just went and weighed my 21 day old panther, a whopping 0.5g.
What a beast.

Mr. Jack Herman Skellington looks to be EXACTLY the same size as your little dude, and he was hatched 12-25-10, so pretty much exactly 3 months old. I think your guy looks healthy, and wonderful! :D

Gizmo looks perfect, looked alot like mine at that age:cool:

your scale looks cool Hoj

im planning on getting one to just check my cham and future chams weight over time

where did you get your scale?

its from a local smoke shop, they had lots also alot of the convienience stores that seem to have everything ( if that makes sence ) have them most of the time.

thx ace

So I started the thread, because I wanted to know if he was in the norm.
you can call my breeder to confirm his birth date, nov 9th 2010, he is a Son Tiger baby from Kammerflage Kreations.
He was weighed at the Vet, not me and her name is Dr. Moore, she is in Ventura Calif. I have no reason to lie about such a trivial thing. I was merely asking if he was in normal ranges. I am happy to supply anyone with phone #'s.

So I started the thread, because I wanted to know if he was in the norm.
you can call my breeder to confirm his birth date, nov 9th 2010, he is a Son Tiger baby from Kammerflage Kreations.
He was weighed at the Vet, not me and her name is Dr. Moore, she is in Ventura Calif. I have no reason to lie about such a trivial thing. I was merely asking if he was in normal ranges. I am happy to supply anyone with phone #'s.

like i said i was not trying to call anyone out. i like you just wanted to make sure my guy is growing healthy as well.

Now I know I could be really wrong on this, cause its been a really long time since school, but isn't 32grams the equivalent of 1 ounce?
Maybe someone from the UK could tell me if I'm even close.
if its relatively close 1 ounce doesn't seem all that out of reality, does it?
But I am new here, so I am happy to defer to an older member, please?

I hand feed him 10 to15 well fed crix a day, per my breeder. Going to start him on a couple of silks, as a treat per a couple of very knowledgeable women here who offered their help to me. I would out them, but then I'd have to....naw, can't go there :)!

Thank you, didn't mean to go postal, should've just kept quiet and turned all black like I was a cornered Cham!
Really though, it was a small diff of opinion and if I'm wrong I am truly sorry

same here sontiger i just wanted to be sure. sounds like we have chams that are at compleat different ends of the growth ranges, interesting if nothing else. sorrry if i got you worked up. wishing you and you chams well
hoj

Thank you, didn't mean to go postal, should've just kept quiet and turned all black like I was a cornered Cham!
Really though, it was a small diff of opinion and if I'm wrong I am truly sorry

I'm a postal worker. Use of the term is highly offensive. It's happened 3 times in 50 years. There are more misaligned individuals that do worse and more frequently. Thank you very much...

Back
Top Bottom