Weight gain

Oh no I’m so sorry
It is what it is , looking on the bright side I have a spare viv . Will be sad to take stuff apart , but needs most , after being sick and a migraine I must focus on moving forward, ( in hindsight I should have placed him in a quartine enclosure and done tests to ensure no parasites present, b4 placing in the bio , all I can say hopefully this goes out to anyone getting a cham in my situation, ( for a bio or in general) take the precautions and nesseccarly actions ( not sure where keyboard went with that one lol) I will need a bit of advice as to properly go about cleaning my enclosure, ( I think beman included a link ) as it's late here I will look at 2moro

It is what it is , looking on the bright side I have a spare viv . Will be sad to take stuff apart , but needs most , after being sick and a migraine I must focus on moving forward, ( in hindsight I should have placed him in a quartine enclosure and done tests to ensure no parasites present, b4 placing in the bio , all I can say hopefully this goes out to anyone getting a cham in my situation, ( for a bio or in general) take the precautions and nesseccarly actions ( not sure where keyboard went with that one lol) I will need a bit of advice as to properly go about cleaning my enclosure, ( I think beman included a link ) as it's late here I will look at 2moro
Best of luck! She did include a link on post #17. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

I'm sorry you need to go through this. Mostly the enclosure comes out even better after such situation, everything you didn't thought of the first time will be perfected this time.
Hopefully everything goes well quickly again 🍀

Thanks I appreciate it. I have a couple of questions. No 1 can the isopods be saved? No 2 is it necessary to deconstruct all the branches or can I just spray with f10 and rinse , steam clean etc . No3 I lined my enclosure with Cork can I just steam this or again sray with f10 and rinse ( this cannot be removed) no 4 when Is the best time to put him in another viv , now , once he has had his first worm treatment second treatment when his retest comes back clear ??

Thanks I appreciate it. I have a couple of questions. No 1 can the isopods be saved? No 2 is it necessary to deconstruct all the branches or can I just spray with f10 and rinse , steam clean etc . No3 I lined my enclosure with Cork can I just steam this or again sray with f10 and rinse ( this cannot be removed) no 4 when Is the best time to put him in another viv , now , once he has had his first worm treatment second treatment when his retest comes back clear ??
I dunno.... I linked @JacksJill blog on cleaning. But I don't know with pinworms and your bio active set up what you will need to do to really deep clean. I have tagged her here.

Hi so not sure what went wrong with me weighting last week , ( small circle scales ) maybe weight balancing off , but I got larger square ones and he's accutually 81 grams , not 55 , . So that's a positive, I wouldn't say I'm a person that says things happen for a reason, but if I hadn't got a false reading ,I may not have got a fecal , this positive attitude, will make me cry less pulling my enclosure apart lol

Hi so not sure what went wrong with me weighting last week , ( small circle scales ) maybe weight balancing off , but I got larger square ones and he's accutually 81 grams , not 55 , . So that's a positive, I wouldn't say I'm a person that says things happen for a reason, but if I hadn't got a false reading ,I may not have got a fecal , this positive attitude, will make me cry less pulling my enclosure apart lol
Ok 81 is much more of what I would expect. That is very good news. And as you said at least you were able to get the fecal to know what was causing the lack of growth.

Bio active setups are a challenge when it comes to parasites. If it was coccida I would say start over rather than risk it. With pinworms that are more easily treatable I might try taking it down an inch or two into the soil and sanitizing everything else. I would use steam on the hard surfaces and I don't know on the plants. I would soap and water wash plants for a start. Then follow up with a disinfectant plants tolerate. Scrap the plants if they aren't precious. This is only a suggestion if you want to try to save your set up. If you get a re-occurrence you will have to tear it all down and start again.

Ultimately the safest route is to start over with a cleaned of all organic matter and steamed cage.

Bio active setups are a challenge when it comes to parasites. If it was coccida I would say start over rather than risk it. With pinworms that are more easily treatable I might try taking it down an inch or two into the soil and sanitizing everything else. I would use steam on the hard surfaces and I don't know on the plants. I would soap and water wash plants for a start. Then follow up with a disinfectant plants tolerate. Scrap the plants if they aren't precious. This is only a suggestion if you want to try to save your set up. If you get a re-occurrence you will have to tear it all down and start again.

Ultimately the safest route is to start over with a cleaned of all organic matter and steamed cage.
Thank you

Hi.yeah going to completely redo soil ,and clean plants with f10 scxd , they are not precious but don't want to bin them as they are healthy ( not being sentimental but they are llife so maybe keep for my home) and steam clean . Would like also to filter my isopods into fresh substrate and isolate them for a bit as they are tropical and probably wouldn't, survive and shouldn't be released into my environment/ country . Any thoughts welcome.

Hi.yeah going to completely redo soil ,and clean plants with f10 scxd , they are not precious but don't want to bin them as they are healthy ( not being sentimental but they are llife so maybe keep for my home) and steam clean . Would like also to filter my isopods into fresh substrate and isolate them for a bit as they are tropical and probably wouldn't, survive and shouldn't be released into my environment/ country . Any thoughts welcome.
Best of luck to you. I’m sorry this is happening.

A big question would be, when is the best time to move a chameleon into a sterile enclosure ,when first diagnosed? , in my case with pinworms,,after the first treatment, or final treatment, or when clear 🤔. It seems like a catch 22 . I have decided to move him just after his final/ second worm treatment to a sterile enclosure, 2 weeks before his retest and do another test 2 weeks later . Any advice/ input welcome. Thanks sonny and elizaana

A big question would be, when is the best time to move a chameleon into a sterile enclosure ,when first diagnosed? , in my case with pinworms,,after the first treatment, or final treatment, or when clear 🤔. It seems like a catch 22 . I have decided to move him just after his final/ second worm treatment to a sterile enclosure, 2 weeks before his retest and do another test 2 weeks later . Any advice/ input welcome. Thanks sonny and elizaana
I wish I could be any help for you, but this goes outside my expertise or experience. Still the biggest luck you get everything on track soon again.

Back
Top Bottom