Weighing

Fchamel

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello!
At what age do you think I should start weighing My Chameleon? She is almost 8 months.
Also, what scale do you buy?

I have yet to weigh my babies. It is a good idea to weigh your female a few times a months so you know when she is growing eggs in her. I like the idea of buying a kitchen scale with a bowl, and hot gluing a branch to the top of the bowl.
Yes. 👍🏻 I will try that

I weight all the boys every 2 weeks and track it on my calendar... I like to know that they are making gains and or stable in weight and it helps me to know if there is an issue as well. If weight were to start dropping the scale is going to catch it before I visually see it. I have a kitchen gram scale and this weigh stand from Tamura designs on FB. It is not their favorite thing to do but for my piece of mind it is worth it.

View media item 52553

You don't really need anything elaborate. Just a kitchen scale and something for the cham to stand on.
Example of my homemade.

Attachments

• 20201226_101427.jpg
    20201226_101427.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 48
It would help to have some frame of reference in the picture... a ruler, a hand, anything most folks would be able to approximate the size of. ;)

Back
Top Bottom