Weeping Fig Tree

Hello again. I’m basing my terrarium on the terrarium below. I’ll be placing two of the weeping figs on either side like in the pic. Thankx
Also, any idea what species the plant on the left is?

E270BD63-F79F-46D4-90AA-E761C21292BD.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm not really an expert on plants but I'm gonna guess and say its a golden potho, the one on the chams tail side. The other side is a spider plant I think and another potho. I hope I'm not misleading you but that's what it looks like. Is the enclosure your fixing up that size? Cause that's a nice size enclosure.

I'm not really an expert on plants but I'm gonna guess and say its a golden potho, the one on the chams tail side. The other side is a spider plant I think and another potho. I hope I'm not misleading you but that's what it looks like. Is the enclosure your fixing up that size? Cause that's a nice size enclosure.
Thanks. Mine, a Zen Habitat, is only 48x24x24

Hello again. I’m basing my terrarium on the terrarium below. I’ll be placing two of the weeping figs on either side like in the pic. Thankx
Also, any idea what species the plant on the left is?
As long as they both fit without too much crowding, sounds fine.
I see at least 3 different plants on the left. One is possibly golden pothos, but I have a philodendron that looks so similar it fooled me for quite a while. :oops:

Please examine the ficus carefully when they arrive. I recently lost mine to a parasite that wasn't apparent at first. ;) Best to catch it early when it can be treated & defeated.

That also seems rather expensive for that size ficus. Have you tried local garden stores?

That also seems rather expensive for that size ficus. Have you tried local garden stores?

Hello again, the local nursery's only have a few plants for terrariums. Pretty much just money trees, polka dot plants and umbrellas.
I ve got a question:
will this SANSI grow light do for THIS Ficus tree?thanks much

Hello, I’m planning on going with 2 of THESE weeping fig trees for a ZEN HABITAT for a Jackson’s Chammy. Any objections?thanks much
Looks like those are only about 12-18” tall. To the best of my knowledge, weeping figs aren’t very fast growers, so you may want to look around for something different. With that Sansi light, you can grow just about anything. Hibiscus is always a beautiful addition. Umbrella plants are wonderful too.

Looks like those are only about 12-18” tall. To the best of my knowledge, weeping figs aren’t very fast growers, so you may want to look around for something different. With that Sansi light, you can grow just about anything. Hibiscus is always a beautiful addition. Umbrella plants are wonderful too.
There’s so many types of Hibiscus. any in particular you’d go with?

Hello again, the local nursery's only have a few plants for terrariums. Pretty much just money trees, polka dot plants and umbrellas.
I'd bet they've got quite a bit more than that, though this isn't (IME) the best time of season for plant shopping. (I find the beginning & end of season best.) The big-box stores (Home Despot, Lowes, W-mart, etc.) also have decent assortments of plants—often for less than nurseries.

If you print copies of some chameleon-safe plant lists and take them with you, the nursery can point the plants out to you, or you can find them.
https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Chameleon-Plants-061321.pdf
https://www.chameleonforums.com/attachments/212de556-69cb-46e2-9ef8-7d91c40b84c9-jpeg.225937/
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...002136-3bc7d3bc80/Chameleon-Safe%20Plants.pdf

I ve got a question:
will this SANSI grow light do for THIS Ficus tree?thanks much
My ficus thrived under it before the parasites got the better of it.

An often overlooked part of good chameleon husbandry is botany—knowing about the plants we put in their enclosures and those plants' care/requirements (water, light, feeding, soil).

I'd bet they've got quite a bit more than that, though this isn't (IME) the best time of season for plant shopping. (I find the beginning & end of season best.) The big-box stores (Home Despot, Lowes, W-mart, etc.) also have decent assortments of plants—often for less than nurseries.

If you print copies of some chameleon-safe plant lists and take them with you, the nursery can point the plants out to you, or you can find them.
is botany—knowing about the plants we put in their enclosures and those plants' care/requirements (water, light, feeding, soil).
I checked Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, and there’s three other nurseries as well. I also brought a printout with me. No luck yet.

Keep trying. Nurseries/garden stores sometimes get only one or 2 shipments for a season.
Big-box stores get them much more often.

(You can skip the first minute)

I checked Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, and there’s three other nurseries as well. I also brought a printout with me. No luck yet.
that's a bummer. :( you can always order plants online. joshes frogs has some plants if you are interested. a lot of the time they are out of stock but you can check.

that's a bummer. :( you can always order plants online. joshes frogs has some plants if you are interested. a lot of the time they are out of stock but you can check.
Josh's Frog plants are always small, though. While I don't like the BioDude, he usually has his big trees and shrubs in stock. There's not much right now, though, either

Josh's Frog plants are always small, though. While I don't like the BioDude, he usually has his big trees and shrubs in stock. There's not much right now, though, either
why do you not like bio dude. I was about to buy a uvb and some supplies from him but I won't if he isn't good.

why do you not like bio dude. I was about to buy a uvb and some supplies from him but I won't if he isn't good.
He stole all of his recipes for his soils from some Facebook Groups and never gave them credit and is super secretive about those recipes, plus him and his team make fun of past employees.

Back
Top Bottom