Weekend vacation

cornelius

I'm going on a short vacation in August and I'm wondering what to do with my panther. I don't know anyone who would be willing to take care of him while I'm gone. I'm thinking about just buying a timer for the lights and a Mistking and leaving him home alone, but since he's only 6 months old I'm not sure I would want to leave him without food. I could also board him at the vet, but that might be stressful for him. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

ive read that people lend their chams to other forum memebers that live in your areas so maybe check it out? honestly it might seem a lil crazy to leave him with a stranger but as long as you talk to em it will probably be the best way to go for expert cham care. yu could also try a local non franchise petshop if their are any. just talk to the owner and see if u could make a deal and just give them a care sheet? Vacations are just so hard when you have exotics as pets because not alot of people know how to take care of them.... thats why they are exotic afterall isnt it?

I leave for weekends sometimes and with using a Mistking, timers for the lights, and extra food in my cams food cup, things seem to work out fine.

I leave for weekends sometimes and with using a Mistking, timers for the lights, and extra food in my cams food cup, things seem to work out fine.

I know it's no big deal to leave an adult like that for a couple days, but would you suggest doing it with a young one? I'm just nervous about whether he would get enough to eat.

I know it's no big deal to leave an adult like that for a couple days, but would you suggest doing it with a young one? I'm just nervous about whether he would get enough to eat.

I started going away on weekends when mine was 6 months old, I just made sure the drainage tray I have was empty, the water reservoir was filled up, and left a bunch of feeders in the food cup. I feed supers and crix and I know mine eats himself stupid with the supers so the crix he picks off over the next couple days:D

My setup is in my office so over the weekend he is the watch dog in the office (however I usually come in on Sat or Sun to check in on him). I have everything on timers and leave the feeder cup with 10-15 crix in it. I have not had any problems in the past. No dehydration and on Monday he is on his cup looking at me (I think he knows exactly what time I come in :) )

How long are you going to be gone?

Back
Top Bottom