We seem to have a minor issue

I’m glad Sean advised: he’s a smart guy, and has plenty of experience with Jax. And good on you for seeing the vet!
Yeah I mean he’s got a lot of experience with hoehnelii and if he says there’s something in reptivite that has done wonders for hoehnelii then It wouldn’t hurt to try he believes it’s a vitamin a thing and it’s something that wouldn’t hurt to try to we will see and thanks honestly the vet really wasn’t that expensive people imagine it’s $200+ but it cost me like $70 and that’s with also getting carnivore care syringe stuff as a just in case he goes a REAL long time without eating

Further to my last,

I only mention the shedding thing because I’ve seen similar behavior in my jax at shedding. Vitamin A deficiency and excess are both common causes of eye issues, so that’s certainly something to consider.

If you use the Carnivore Care don't use it long term. It is fortified with vitamins including D3 and includes animal not insect protein. I feel it is too much especially for montanes. I use an unflavored and unfortified cricket powder. I add my supplements like I would for my normal schedule. You can find it on amazon like everything else. amazon.com/Entomo-Farms-Organic-Cricket-Protein I have it on hand at all times and have used it on a few chams so far with success. I store it in my freezer.

At the top of the screen it’s 10 but he has never gone up there not even when settling in and at his branch 4-5 and the branch has 78-80 degrees from just a Uv and 6500k bulb
I openly admit to knowing almost nothing about montanes, so am wondering about having a UVI of 4-5 at basking area. Do they need to have a slightly higher UVI than the standard 3? Just curious. :)

If you use the Carnivore Care don't use it long term. It is fortified with vitamins including D3 and includes animal not insect protein. I feel it is too much especially for montanes. I use an unflavored and unfortified cricket powder. I add my supplements like I would for my normal schedule. You can find it on amazon like everything else. amazon.com/Entomo-Farms-Organic-Cricket-Protein I have it on hand at all times and have used it on a few chams so far with success. I store it in my freezer.
I don’t plan on using it although my wc carpet May need some I’m keeping it as an on hand thing

I openly admit to knowing almost nothing about montanes, so am wondering about having a UVI of 4-5 at basking area. Do they need to have a slightly higher UVI than the standard 3? Just curious. :)
For hoehnelii it’s generally recommended to have higher uvi I’m not sure about all the studies but i know most display brighter coloration when exposed to higher uvi I expose my Jackson’s to the same and he also displays more color in that 4-5 range I believe it’s just because of their thicker hide from what most say that they need more to penetrate to get what they need for my Jackson’s I could get away with 3 it’s been used with success but in the chameleon academy care sheet and from what I’ve seen around hoehnelii do appreciate higher levels

For hoehnelii it’s generally recommended to have higher uvi I’m not sure about all the studies but i know most display brighter coloration when exposed to higher uvi I expose my Jackson’s to the same and he also displays more color in that 4-5 range I believe it’s just because of their thicker hide from what most say that they need more to penetrate to get what they need for my Jackson’s I could get away with 3 it’s been used with success but in the chameleon academy care sheet and from what I’ve seen around hoehnelii do appreciate higher levels
They also live at higher elevations and the percent of UV exposure goes 2-10% or so for every 1000 meters of elevation.
I kept mine at a higher UVI as well

Back
Top Bottom