we are getting him to a vet!!!

melmelion

but there are a few other problems. first, this vet is about an hour and a half away, and he has been extra cold lately, so how do i keep him warm through the transportation? second, how much is this gonna cost????

turn on the heat in your car, or let him sit in the sun.

as for cost- you have to ask your vet. we don't work for them, so its based on their rates...

turn on the heat in your car, or let him sit in the sun.

as for cost- you have to ask your vet. we don't work for them, so its based on their rates...

SHould they be kept warm, or just kept above 50f to calm them down? I know mine goes nutts in the carrier if its 75-80 in the car. Though on the sad side my vet trips are always in the winter...

I prefer to keep them at normal temps, because when they get colder, they tend to stress more with the moving and handling and the vet and such.

Rex seems calmer when its cooler. The vets office is always cold but he doesnt mind it. as for cost, it depend on whats wrong with him.

I have actually never had a problem with transporting my chameleons. Mainly because I think he actually likes them. I bought him in Dallas and drove him all the way back to Kansas and he kept climbing out of this huge paper bad they put him in for me to take him home and he would climb out then walk his way up to the window seal and just sit there and look outside for about 10 mn then he walked up my shirt and then I put him back in the bag that they gave. E for transportation but I ended up buying a large carring cage instead. But yes but it was in early fall so temptress were not to bad.

Use the heater in the car just make sure hes not super close to it because when I'm to close to the heater it dries out my eyes so I'm assuming if it's the chameleons eyes it would be much worse. Also during walking him into the vet but him in a carrying cage he should be fine for just a short walk

Put him in a box. Cover the box so it's dark and he will go to sleep. Fill a hot water bottle with hot water, wrap it in a towel and place box on it.

Put him in a box. Cover the box so it's dark and he will go to sleep. Fill a hot water bottle with hot water, wrap it in a towel and place box on it.

I agree with Kate. Perfect way to transport him. That is as stress free as it will get for most chams.

Back
Top Bottom