waxworms??

vgaines

I found what I think is a good deal on a value pack of soft bodied worms. My only concern is that it comes with 100 wax worms. I know that wax worms should only be fed as treats so how do I keep them alive long enough to feed to my cham.? I was thinking of feeding 2-3 worms once a week. I want to use them to try to get Rebel to hand feed so I can work on getting him use to being held. (I know that in general chameleons don't like being held but I want to be able to get him out for cleaning, free ranging, and lord forbid a trip to the vet.) Is 2-3 once a week too many? Is there a way to kinda stunt their growth by putting them in the fridge? ( I would also like to know the same info. about silkworms and repti-worms) Thanks a bunch for any information or ideas...:confused:

I noticed that small mealworms work really well. I think it's hard for them to digest waxworms I may be wrong. If you but them in the fridge that will stop them from growing

I'm pretty sure you can put them in the fridge...I would try getting a small amount to try them out. We ended up getting 25 the other day and my cham isn't interested in them. He tried one and that was enough for him. He's so picky.

I'm pretty sure you can put them in the fridge...I would try getting a small amount to try them out. We ended up getting 25 the other day and my cham isn't interested in them. He tried one and that was enough for him. He's so picky.

Oh Rebel and Fire (my bearded dragon) both love wax worms. I know they are high in fat so I don't want to feed them too many. :D

Back
Top Bottom