Waxworm moths?

ZuggieTheCham

Does anyone know anything about wax worm moths?? Mine cocooned and turned into moths, are these just as a treat too like wax worms?? Any info will do thanks :D

Karma LOVES waxworm moths, I don't know how many it's okay to feed but I just use them as treats. If you hold them by one wing they'll flap around and really get your cham's attention.

Agh right lol zuggie loves anything flying i put on in his cage this morning and i couldn't find it so i assume he munched it :p just don't know how to feed them off i suppose they cant have anymore nutrition than waxworms themselfs surely, ill just feed them as treats then :D he loves silkworm moths :O goes crazy for them!!

I believe they use a lot of their fat storage to cocoon themselves, so they are better nutritionally than the waxworms themselves. I just started breeding them, and feed off some moths about once a week as Kimani's lunch. Thanks for the idea about holding them by 1 wing, Karma - I just put them in his cup!

Michelle

I believe they use a lot of their fat storage to cocoon themselves, so they are better nutritionally than the waxworms themselves. I just started breeding them, and feed off some moths about once a week as Kimani's lunch. Thanks for the idea about holding them by 1 wing, Karma - I just put them in his cup!

Michelle

Well thats good to know Thankyou very much :) I've only had the two cocoon so far hopefully some more soon :)

Does anyone know anything about wax worm moths?? Mine cocooned and turned into moths, are these just as a treat too like wax worms?? Any info will do thanks :D

Yes, fine as treats. Moths generally have little nutritional value. But the enjoyment value of flying prey is worth including moths (and cultured flies) from time to time.

Yes, fine as treats. Moths generally have little nutritional value. But the enjoyment value of flying prey is worth including moths (and cultured flies) from time to time.

Thanks sandra,
Yeah he loves anything flying, especially banana roaches I'm currently breeding these and there doing good :D also its very fun watching Zuggie chase them down lol!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom