Wax Worms

Kleynie

Hi all,
I've managed to convince Zeus to eat wax worms, he has never eaten worms before so I'm surprised I've managed to. Anyway, he now loves them, and I was wondering how often I can feed them to him? Am I good to feed them to him as a treat once a day? Or should it be less frequent?
Thanks

Welcome! Wax worms are meant to be treats just don’t use it as a staple feeder. They are higher in fat and don’t gutload as well as crickets and roaches. I don’t think once a day is necessarily bad but you run the risk of him getting addicted to them and holding out until you feed him one. We see this commonly happen with super worms.

Welcome! Wax worms are meant to be treats just don’t use it as a staple feeder. They are higher in fat and don’t gutload as well as crickets and roaches. I don’t think once a day is necessarily bad but you run the risk of him getting addicted to them and holding out until you feed him one. We see this commonly happen with super worms.
Thank you, they definitely will not be used as a staple feeder, he's got both crickets and locusts for that. I'm trying to get him to be a bit more comfortable with me, so wax worms would be his reward for coming out every day, but if that is too much, then that's fine.

Yeah I'd say every day is too much. Most restrict wax to a couple times a month... then superworms a couple times a week. TBH like mentioned, my main worry would just be the addiction aspect
Thanks, am I right in saying that super worms and morio worms are the same thing? I live in the UK and I can't seem to find super worms anywhere here, but I can get morios, and they look similar.

Yeah I'd say every day is too much. Most restrict wax to a couple times a month... then superworms a couple times a week. TBH like mentioned, my main worry would just be the addiction aspect
They definitely will get hooked on superworms as mine did and it took some tuff love to get him back on staples. Live & learn

Back
Top Bottom