wax worms,how many for a baby yemen?

jackie stone

Thanks Jackie
DSC02365.jpg

once a week you can feed 1 or 2...but thats it...they are like a candy bar and the cham will get addicted if she intakes too many.

A small growin chameleon can handle the fat. I agree once a week is fine. In a few months, cut that back to less. As an adult, use as a treat only (less than one monthly)

I feed my chameleon variety of insects such as Crickets, Papaya beetle :)rolleyes:), silkworms, hornworms, butterfly (painted lady), mantis, phoenix worms, flies (Blue bottle, house flies, and black soldier), butter worms, WC katydids, isopods (raised by myself), and many other insects.

But, to be quite honest, all my chameleons never eat wax worm or mealworms.

Hey Jackie,

I agree with alot of whats being advised. I feed wax worms as treats mainly, 1-2 worms, once a week, when I have them. They have are about 20-21% fat, so they should be used sparingly.

Feeding them consistently would be the equivlent of you eatting every meal from Mc Donalds. Yikes!:eek: I bet you would'nt feel so good after a while.:(

btw... Welcome to the forums, any friend of Tiff is a friend of mine!:)

-Jay

how often should i feed mine meal worms? 3-4 moth old female veiled

As little as possible. mealworms (like waxworms) have very little nutritional value. although you can gutload a little. But they also are relatively hard to digest. Lots of other, better bug choices to choose from. Like was said above: roaches, silkworms, hornworms, butterworms, terrestrial isopods, stick insects, cabbage loppers, grasshoppers, crickets, ...

Last edited:
As little as possible. mealworms (liek waxworms) have very little nutritional value. although you can gutload a little. But they also are relatively hard to digest. Lots of other, better bug choices to choose from. Like was said above: roaches, silkworms, hornworms, butterworms, terrestrial isopods, stick insects, cabbage loppers, grasshoppers, crickets, ...

Do you have any good websites where some of these worms can be found?

Back
Top Bottom