watts

It depends on what your temp readings are. Most go with a 60 watt bulb.
As far as Watts for your title, that's just the most ghetto place in LA, lol.

If you are asking about a basking light you shouldn't need one in that glass enclosure for that tiny baby you have.

yeah i was also thinking Watts, Ca

i was like....uhmmmm ok ? hahahaha

i have a 75w lightbulb atm and it is fine 90% of the time, i will get an occasional heat wave where i have to turn on the ac in the house to prevent the house heating and the basking getting hotter...

yeah i was also thinking Watts, Ca

i was like....uhmmmm ok ? hahahaha

i have a 75w lightbulb atm and it is fine 90% of the time, i will get an occasional heat wave where i have to turn on the ac in the house to prevent the house heating and the basking getting hotter...

he has a very young chameleon in a glass enclosure. A 75 watt will be way too hot. No bulb at all or maybe a 20 watt.

how many watts should mt chams cage be it is a 18 by 18 by 18

Andrew, did you get the uvb bulb we told you about? A 18 inch, Zoomed Reptisun 5.0 long tube bulb is all you should need. When your chameleon grows and you get him a bigger cage(preferably screen) then you can figure out what wattage basking bulb you need. Right now, you need to worry about getting that UVB bulb. SUPER important!!!

On the suggestion of no basking bulb at all, how is it that the opportunity to thermoregulate is important for older/adult chameleons, but not for young ones?

Young ones are kinda smacktarted, they will cook themselves. Plus the cages are to small to provide a good thermal variance for them.

Back
Top Bottom