Watering system/plants

Hyperpower

first of all my chameleon took a bite out of one of the fake plants I have in his enclosure...he didn't rip anything off but im just worried it might be toxic if he does it again. it is from the pets store.

second of all i'm using a little dripper but over time it really overflows the bowl I have it dripping into off a plant, any way I can fix that?

eventually when he gets bigger im going to move him into a bigger cage and possibly buy a waterfall/real plant to put in the cage. any suggestions?

not sure why it's not letting me upload a pic of his cage right now..

i'm also just not finding any luck with the dripper.. either mine is broken or it's just very finicky...either it's to fast or doesn't drip at all...and right now I can't get it to stop dripping

You should be misting him as well. You need to build a drain system under your cage to control the amount of water to keep these animals hydrated.

Waterfalls are a no no. They are a breeding ground for bacteria. Stick to drippers and misting. Drains are very simple to make. If you need help, feel free to ask, I'll explain how

You should be misting him as well. You need to build a drain system under your cage to control the amount of water to keep these animals hydrated.

Waterfalls are a no no. They are a breeding ground for bacteria. Stick to drippers and misting. Drains are very simple to make. If you need help, feel free to ask, I'll explain how

i'd love to learn how to make a drain system. btw I actually saw him drink from the bowl the water was eventually dripping into. could that bowl be just as bad as a waterfall for bacteria? another question...what if I had it dripping into the live potted plant?

If you did a water bowl thing, it should be cleaned 100% daily. DAILY... A potted plant is gonna expell excess water also, sorry still need some sorta drain.

i'd love to learn how to make a drain system. btw I actually saw him drink from the bowl the water was eventually dripping into. could that bowl be just as bad as a waterfall for bacteria? another question...what if I had it dripping into the live potted plant?

Back
Top Bottom