Watering Question for panther

cspowell

I have a couple of questions.

I have a drip system that pretty much circulates from a container in the cage, up to a pump and then drips back into the container along some leaves and such. She is drinking off the leaves so that part is working. I also purchased a repti-fogger with seems to be working well as it spills lots of fog into the cage from above. Will I still need to manually spray her each day as she seems to be getting plenty of water?

Thanks in advance.

I have a couple of questions.

I have a drip system that pretty much circulates from a container in the cage, up to a pump and then drips back into the container along some leaves and such. She is drinking off the leaves so that part is working. I also purchased a repti-fogger with seems to be working well as it spills lots of fog into the cage from above. Will I still need to manually spray her each day as she seems to be getting plenty of water?

Thanks in advance.

So are you reusing water that has already dripped to the bottom of the cage. In essence you're redripping dirty water for your chameleon to drink? Maybe I'm misunderstanding...

No its a fresh supply draining into a catch basin and I empty out the catch basin each day.

Oh, ok...I'm not sure about the fogger. I just use a sprinkler system that essentially sprays water throughout my cages twice a day for a few minutes each time and i still occasional hand spray as well. It's not so much a fog as it is a spray like what you would have from a spray bottle. If the fogger isn't allowing your chameleon and plants to get a nice wash down it's probably not doing what it should. If this is the case you should still spray your plants and cage down every so often. Remember, you're trying to simulate a quick rain like what they would have in the wild.

ahh ok thanks

She is still small so i have her in a terrarium. Gonna move her to a 24x24x36 screen cage when she gets bigger and planned on buying the Mistking. I hear its a good setup.

Back
Top Bottom