Watering & Other Tips

Espeon

Hi! I just got a baby femaled Veiled and would love some tips! Mainly about watering.

I have a little dripper and also mist the cage to maintain humidity. For the little dripper, is that something I should leave running all day, or just turn it on a few times throughout the day?

Also, any tips to help get her comfortable to me and her new home would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Snapchat-2009985855~2.jpg
    Snapchat-2009985855~2.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20210619_161832_659.jpg
    IMG_20210619_161832_659.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 53
I just fill mine with ice and goto work, and just let it drip on some leaves for hours and hours.

But you dont need day time humidity.

Welcome on here, and congrats! I do notice that you have fake plants, which can’t be used with veileds (as they could cause an impaction, which can lead to death). Are you aware that female veileds lay infertile eggs without mating, just like chickens do? Also, is your UVB bulb in the dome fixture? If you want us to help make sure everything is at 100% for your adorable girl, filling out this form, in as much detail as possible (including pics of her entire cage and lights), will be super helpful!

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom