Water

Well, humans are not reptiles and vice versa. There are lots of things that are safe for most humans but toxic to other species. Even other mammals can have extremely negative reactions to things humans can consume.

very true. i gave my dog pom juice(dropped it and he licked it up) and that was a huge expensive mistake.

what works for use doesn't always work for our animals.

i use reverse osmosis water from an aquazamp ro filtration system.

img_6351.jpg

thats hot!!!!!! How much and how much water does it useper hour/fill?

thats hot!!!!!! How much and how much water does it useper hour/fill?

It is a 100 gallon per day RO membrane so it is able to make 4 gallons of water per hour. I use a 3 gallon tank..... I mist a lot of chameleons for long periods of time and the RO is able to maintain water flow for the misting pump.

hi there,i boil my tap water and let it cool,i have a monsoon and i dont want it clogging up with calcium either and my chams seem to be doing just fine:D

im no expert but depending on your water supply i believe it can make a difference. it seemed to work for me and it keeps my cham happy and my misting system from cloggin. for me its worth the 25c per gallon.

This is why I asked this question. Seing how water is so important I want/wanted to see what people were doing and using for there chameleons. Cause say you have "hard" water with alot of calicum/lime? That R/O system looks like a fun project to me as I am tired of tripping over water bottles,lol

This is why I asked this question. Seing how water is so important I want/wanted to see what people were doing and using for there chameleons. Cause say you have "hard" water with alot of calicum/lime? That R/O system looks like a fun project to me as I am tired of tripping over water bottles,lol

Let me know if you'd like to build one. I sell all of the components to do it. Or just sell the whole unit lol

It's true that softened water is saltier. The people who put those systems in like to deny it and say that the pounds and pounds of salt the systems use do not end up in the water, but from my experience, that's not true. They use the salt to clean toxins out of the water, but it does result in saltier water.

a water softener adds salt to the water. most likely the cause of the edema.

It's true that softened water is saltier. The people who put those systems in like to deny it and say that the pounds and pounds of salt the systems use do not end up in the water, but from my experience, that's not true. They use the salt to clean toxins out of the water, but it does result in saltier water.

his edema when away right after i switched. i cant taste it(maybe im used to it) but my chameleon could tell the difference:eek:

I use to use filtered water from the fridge and brita, but haven't had the time lately so I'm using tap water. Hot tap water. I wonder if the water sitting in the water heater boiling gets rid of some of those chemicals???

Interesting how many people use different kinds of water. And I guess no one is using a "water conditioner".

I buy the distilled (RO purified) water... i don't trust my tap water or even those chemicals like reptisafe... so Zephryhills is getting my money!!! HAHA!

Back
Top Bottom