water

I use distilled water since I can buy 2 gallons for $1 from the store. Don't want to risk anything with the babies.

Hmmmmmm....
There's something bad about distilled water, but I can't put my finger on it.
I know it's not recommended.
Maybe someone else can help.

-Brad

distilled has less nutrients etc.

i would use spring water for babies or let it sit 24 hrs. or use reptisafe,i dont like using reptisafe on babies i only use it when i dont have any water that been sitting 95% of the water i sprayed those baby veileds with sat overnight.i have 16 left from 26.it is so awesome.

Howdy,

Skip the distilled water. Since all of the mineral content has been removed by the distillation process, this water will tend bind-up minerals that it finds in the body.

Just spotted this at http://www.mercola.com/article/water/distilled_water.htm:

"Distilled water is an active absorber and when it comes into contact with air, it absorbs carbon dioxide, making it acidic. The more distilled water a person drinks, the higher the body acidity becomes.

According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, "Distilled water, being essentially mineral-free, is very aggressive, in that it tends to dissolve substances with which it is in contact. Notably, carbon dioxide from the air is rapidly absorbed, making the water acidic and even more aggressive. Many metals are dissolved by distilled water."

The most toxic commercial beverages that people consume (i.e. cola beverages and other soft drinks) are made from distilled water. Studies have consistently shown that heavy consumers of soft drinks (with or without sugar) spill huge amounts of calcium, magnesium and other trace minerals into the urine."

What water do you guys use? I was using tap water in my dripper. Then switched to purified drinking water in the promist. Is Brita filtered water okay?

Howdy,

a couple of years ago I played with a custom made Brita filter system and then went back to just tap water. I use about 1 quart during each 20 minute mist session per enclosure twice a day. I go through 2 gallons a day.

For the babies I boil the water and for everybody else gets tap water, we have very good water with no fluoride here . Buying bottled water is just another chapter in the destruction of the environment, plastic is a patrolem product and takes 100yrs to decompose.

Back
Top Bottom