Water

It is my understanding that distilled water is safe to use once pushed through a misting system as it will pick up some ions as it is dispersed in the air. I would not use it in a dripper or other direct drinking method. For those I use RO drinking water from the store.
I believe @nightanole ??? maybe able to explain this better
See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purified_water
It's pretty good at explaining all the differences, and as typical with Wiki articles, referenced & cross-referenced (See alsos).

Maybe I'm just lucky with my tap water.
Its relatively hard, but still works perfectly in my MISTKING.
I think part of that is the absolute power of the pump.
I have back up nozzles. I'd planned to swap them out a couple times a year and clean the other set in some LIME-A-WAY. But, so far, my original 3 nozzles are are great. Maybe the mist isn't quite as fine? But it seems ok.
I go through about 4 gallons of water or more a week in total.
The money savings have already payed for a nozzle or two.

What's "purified" mean?
And what kind of conditioner—killing bugs or water softener? I'm not sure either is appropriate. 🤷‍♂️

From the MistKing manual, page 39:

And from page 45:

I use distilled because it's available everywhere, and I'd spend more on mileage to get RO than I'd save.
have you ever had problems with the nozzles clogging? just got the mist king and planned to use distilled but I just want to make sure

As long as I use distilled I get no build up that would lead to clogging. I have been using half distilled half R/O due to supply chain issues for over a year and so far have no build up.

Back
Top Bottom