Water

Henry66

What should I do if I have little water puddles on the bottom of my cage from the misting system

Did you install a drainage system? If not just use a towel to wipe away the water until you get some kind of drainage system working.

Would It be ok If I placed a towel on the bottom of the cage and replace it weekly?

Leaving a damp towel for a week increases the risk of bacteria building up which may cause a respitary problems to your cham. Change at least every couple of days. It's really easy doing a drainage system > just suspend your cage about 5 - 6 inches off the surface where it's standing, poke a few holes in the bottom of the cage, and place a tray/container beneath so that the water drips into it..all you will need to do is empty the tray/container when it's full.

Would It be ok If I placed a towel on the bottom of the cage and replace it weekly?

You would need to replace a towel daily. I would recommend putting a couple small holes in the bottom of your cage with a drip pan under it to catch the water. If there's still some water standing you will need to wipe it out with paper towels as mentioned above.

You might find my blog for new keepers helpful.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

Back
Top Bottom