Water: Where do you get yours and what kind do you use?

Oh never mind, it looks like multiple outputs being the reason for so many soleniods..

Yeah, There is one pump for misting and the system can provide four different misting 'zones'. For my use, I have one valve for my melleri who get a pretty aggressive misting schedule, the second valve is for my panthers, the third is for my baby tub, which gets shorter misting times (30 seconds with a RainDome) and the forth valve operates mist for outside cages. The cool thing is that I have humidity input, which allows the system to maintain a level of humidity that I set. It is very useful when the desert winds kick up.

Are you using a solenoid to hold back the faucet or do you manually turn off and on??? I've been looking for a faucet solenoid or something like this to run my run timed for about a year now..

Because I use a booster pump I need the solenoid valve to stop water from entering the system. The 'feed' valve is activated with a separate control device than the booster pump so that I can have better control. Unless you are using a control device with several output control, you can just hook the valve to the pump so that they both energize at the same time. If I had been using a normal pressure activated valve with no pump (like most under sink RO units have), I would not need the solenoid valve.

The system has 8 separate control outputs. Four are dedicated to the four different misting zones. One for the RO feed valve. Another for the bypass valve and the two remaining outputs control the mist pump and the RO booster pump.

The valve shouldn't have any issue holding back household pressure. The valve is rated for 100psi.

Here you can see the valve being used in an RO setup I installed at a coworkers home. The valve powers on with the pump when a pressure switch on the tank reaches a set pressure. As the tank has water drawn out, the switch will turn on the pump at about 45psi. When the water is stopped being drawn from the tank the pump and valve will remain on until the tank pressure reaches about 55psi.

KevinZamp07_17_20103985RS.jpg

I don't use a booster pump on my RO unit.. I would be using the solenoid to fill the fogger bottle and drip some water throught the enclosure..

Sounds good I'll have to use the outlet from the controller to control the solenoid under the sink.
I'm glad my controller is expandable so I can add up to 20 4 outlet recepticles to be controlled. All I have to do is wirelessly connect the outlets through my apple airport, through my mac to the controller and I can control ro through the web anywhere in the world..
Thanks summoner

I tend to take a giant bowl, put it in my sink, turn on the tap water, and fill it up. No crazy filter, no scientific processes. Just good ol' fashion tap water.

Back
Top Bottom