water tray help lllreptile

grimlin18

hello! im gonna be purchasing a screen cage from lllreptile along with a water tray next month at the reptile show but before i do can any one tell me how it works?

i know it goes under the cage but when i wanna dump out the water do i have to lift the whole cage to get the tray out or how does that part work? thanks alot.

I think your talking about a "soft tray" which actually goes inside the screen cage. it is designed to fit in the bottom cage door that swings up and you slide the tray in from there and close the door once its completly inside. then when ytou need to clean it you then open the door again and slide out the tray and clean whatever you need. Ive never heard of a tray that goes UNDER the cage itself but then again it might be a new item that im not aware of.

The LLL water tray goes UNDER your cage, you need to drill drainage into your cages floor and then drill drainage into your water tray, then connect it to piping etc... the centre cross and corner struts create leverage/reservoir for yor excess water.

is there no easier way? i think i just might get the substrate tray and use that to catch water and just pull it out n dump it.

I have the water tray also, and all I did was simply drill about 2-3 holes in the tray, towards the back, and put a bucket under neath the holes, once it fills up i just dump it out :)

Why dont you suspend the cage above the tray? you could try adapt some legs for it or just use something on the corners to lift it above the tray so you can position it underneath to catch the water. I designed some cages with trays built in underneath and they work brilliantly, Now im about to make a whole bunch of them seeing as a few people have asked me to!

Back
Top Bottom