Water source on the free range?

Psychobunny

Avid Member
So, I have everything my chams need when on the free range, except a source of water!!

I was thinking of putting a small fountain, or one of those fountain pet water bowls on top of one of the x-large cages where they can get to it easy.

My free range is suspended from the ceiling, and has branches going to each cage, so my guyz can go to what ever cage top they want.
I have a twin bulb 12% UVB hanging from the ceiling, directly over Noogies cage. And my guyz like to flop accross one of the UVB fixtures to keep warm.

All they need is water from somewhere, in a place where they cant poop in it.

Any ideas?

Rather than a fountain, you might try to set up a hanging plant with some sort of a dome on top. Using a humidifier and a small tube you could aim the moisture at the dome and as water collects it would drip down onto the leaves. with a timer and proper layout, and a bit of luck you wouldn't have to worry about drainage.

I know Jann has something like this for her cuban night anole with lighting and all, but this might give you some idea of what I mean.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/mem...lces-condo-9-3-10-you-can-see-her-up-top.html

I know you like a project :p;), so this could become part of the free range itself!

when my chameleons are in for the winter I spray the plants every other day but I give them a long shower every weekend and sometimes midweek also . my panthers did fine with this and my quads thrive with this practice .

My chams all have a fountain...doesn't take long to figure out how to place it where they won't poop in it, people don't like them because they can get fouled but my schedule is long and I know they have flowing water. They say you can train them to drink from a rabbit water bottle. Just be sure everyone allows equal access

get you a small pond pump, restrictor valve, hose, catch bucket. Let the water drip into bucket and be recycled up with the pump. Michaels sells these giant like pothos leaf which you could use to drip the water down. Heck I'll mail you the two I have if you want them. You could even run a submersible 50w heater ($10) and turtle filter ($15) in the bucket, for extra measures.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom