Water reservoir for Mister add on?

animjason

I have the ZooMed ReptiRain Automatic Mister ( here is what it looks like if you don't know: http://goo.gl/jw9k0s ), and I have it set to mist the cage with two nozzles every hour. The reservoir needs refilled every day (not a big deal), but is there a way to add to it? It only holds 28 ounces of water.

Not from what I know of. Plus that mister is horrible in general, I have had three break on me in the span of a year. They also don't mist for long enough periods to stimulate your chameleon well enough to drink and often chameleons can suffer from low grade chronic dehydration because of it. I stopped using these misters long ago and went with a mistking style mister, I have never looked back since. I wish I would have done it from the get go.

Not from what I know of. Plus that mister is horrible in general, I have had three break on me in the span of a year. They also don't mist for long enough periods to stimulate your chameleon well enough to drink and often chameleons can suffer from low grade chronic dehydration because of it. I stopped using these misters long ago and went with a mistking style mister, I have never looked back since. I wish I would have done it from the get go.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like when the Repti Rain breaks, it will be replaced with a King. We also mist the cage several times a day on top of the Rain, but I have yet to see our new guy drink. His "pee" is bright white and we have only had him since Thursday, so he may be shy still. I googled the Mist King, will work great with a Home Depot bucket. By then I will have my drainage system all sorted out as well. Thanks.

When you hand mist make sure to do at least 2-3 minutes of hand misting and do it preferably with water that comes out warm which mean you will likely need to boil some water and need to cool it off with just a tiny bit of cold water.

Ok thanks. I will add another minute to the misting. I usually run the water until it is warm before filling the sprayer. I do this with our Boa too so the cold isn't a shock. I'll update if I see him drink today/tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom