Water pool on bottom of tank, help please..

Sbath

I'd like some ideas if the community wouldn't mind. So I've tried what I could think of, but I do work a lot so when the dripper and mister go, theres a pool of water on the bottom of tank. I've been draining it when I get home, but it just refills by the time I get home. This causes some of the crickets I put in to drown...
If I could get some ideas as to what to do about this, that would be MUCH appreciated.
Thank you

Just drill holes into the bottom of the enclosure and put a large bucket under it, empty it out when you get home.

Just drill holes into the bottom of the enclosure and put a large bucket under it, empty it out when you get home.
This.

For my drainage, I used a drill bit about the size of a dime attached to a power drill to make the hole in the PVC bottom of my standard reptibreeze. My cage sits on a wire rack that water can pass through. There are just simple buckets underneath to catch the falling water.

Because I was worried about escaping crickets, I added a rubber drain filter, the same white plastic things you put over tub drains to catch hair, to keep the crickets from crawling out of the enclosure.

This may not be so easy if it's glass.

@OP can you tell us more about your enclosure (what type, size, etc.) and your misting schedule?

If it's a glass terrarium then you will be doing this every day in a bare bottom enclosure even with a light misting schedule. Your only option will be to go bioactive with a drainage layer and soil.

This may not be so easy if it's glass.

@OP can you tell us more about your enclosure (what type, size, etc.) and your misting schedule?

If it's a glass terrarium then you will be doing this every day in a bare bottom enclosure even with a light misting schedule. Your only option will be to go bioactive with a drainage layer and soil.
Heh oops. Forgot about that!

Can we see some pictures of the enclosure? If you have a drainage tray, I just did something with mine that’s pretty easy to replicate

Back
Top Bottom