Water is everywhere!

punk_fucc

I have a bit of an odd question, I have an about 9 month old male Vieled named Yoshi! I give him one good heavy spray a few hours after his lights turn off then another lighter one before bed. He also has a dripper that he loves. His cage is in my room, but it’s a carpeted floor (as is the rest of the house). I’ve noticed that under his cage the floor gets SOAKED and i have to move his cage and let it dry and put him back all just to do it again in a few days. His dripper currently drips into an old butter container (it was what i could find and i honestly hate it it’s so ugly and hard to empty). I’m getting him a new and bigger cage soon with live plants and I’m hoping that helps with the leaks. Does anyone else have this problem?? How did you fix it? Thank you for your help!

I have a bit of an odd question, I have an about 9 month old male Vieled named Yoshi! I give him one good heavy spray a few hours after his lights turn off then another lighter one before bed. He also has a dripper that he loves. His cage is in my room, but it’s a carpeted floor (as is the rest of the house). I’ve noticed that under his cage the floor gets SOAKED and i have to move his cage and let it dry and put him back all just to do it again in a few days. His dripper currently drips into an old butter container (it was what i could find and i honestly hate it it’s so ugly and hard to empty). I’m getting him a new and bigger cage soon with live plants and I’m hoping that helps with the leaks. Does anyone else have this problem?? How did you fix it? Thank you for your help!
I give him one good heavy spray a few hours after his lights turn off
After his lights turn off?

Line the outside of his cage with a shower curtain with a nice outdoor scene on it to contain the over spray.
ive seen others do this and liked the idea. But I don’t think that would help much and would still let all the water collect onto the curtain and drip down onto my floor still. I think something that surrounded the bottom of his cage would work a bit better. Oh! here are some pictures, i hope they help!

Attachments

• 6FD641A4-B078-4768-ADC7-57FF618ED589.jpeg
    6FD641A4-B078-4768-ADC7-57FF618ED589.jpeg
    313.2 KB · Views: 255
  • 5C4F19D0-BF19-4D18-807A-5E6E9D6D38C9.jpeg
    5C4F19D0-BF19-4D18-807A-5E6E9D6D38C9.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 280
  • 8880C745-40CD-43D1-8078-A4B9570E9A76.jpeg
    8880C745-40CD-43D1-8078-A4B9570E9A76.jpeg
    338 KB · Views: 262
Can you raise the enclosure up onto a stand? If so, then you could drill holes into bottom tray and let the water drain into 5 gallon bucket. Easy to dump. Reptibreeze makes a great stand that fits the 2x2x4 cages. There's a shelf for the bucket, and just a ledge, no solid top, to hold the cage. Here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_1244.JPG
    IMG_1244.JPG
    317.7 KB · Views: 249
Can you raise the enclosure up onto a stand? If so, then you could drill holes into bottom tray and let the water drain into 5 gallon bucket. Easy to dump. Reptibreeze makes a great stand that fits the 2x2x4 cages. There's a shelf for the bucket, and just a ledge, no solid top, to hold the cage. Here's a pic of mine.
this is amazing! i love having my cages up off the ground whenever possible and it’d make life way easier! Looks like i know what else he’s getting with his cage haha! Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom