Water Fear

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
I’ve been misting Coda around 2-3 times a day with distilled water and she absolutely hates it, I don’t spray it directly on her, but spray it high above the enclosure and let the fine mist settle on her. Even if I spray the complete other side of the viv she goes into her favorite hiding spot. The water is room temperature and I need to clean her eyes so she stays healthy. I think that me misting her is getting in the way, or making her acceptance of me, worse :confused:. Now every time she sees me she goes to her hiding spot and thinks that I have the mister, her being receptive and needing to lay eggs is worrying me with the extra stress when I need to feed her. Sorry if this was kind of scattered but she’ll have an automatic mister in her upcoming bio build and I don’t want her to be stressed all the time. Please help!

Redman

Avid Member
Is there something wrong with Coda that makes it so you feel you need to clean her eyes? Otherwise, I would think it's just a matter of maintaining adequate hydration, right?

Some chams seem to hate being misted, some don't. I have a mixed bag that seem to run the full spectrum.

If spraying Coda is causing either or both of you stress, why not set up an aggressive dripper with a catch basin below? There are several easy and inexpensive ways to make drippers, and catch basins I have used range from Tupperware style bowls to aluminum foil baking pans from the dollar store. The chams have never seemed to care what I use, or even noticed as they stay up in the vines and plants.

Top Bottom