water drip vines?

I bought two of them a few months ago when someone posted them on here. I didn't know how to use them until I watched that video. lol. Thanks. My review on them was pretty bad though.

haha, i wasnt to sure on how they would work, just seemed kinda interesting. try them out again tomorrow and let me know how they work : D

I have the equipment and ive been thinking about it for summer.
The only difficulty is that it requires water pressure to force droplets from
that kind of hosing. I have an attachment to attach the hose, BUT,
I have no way to automate it, so now I'd have to go outside to turn/off.
not to mention Id need to arrange permanent drainage to have the collected water drain straight outdoors somewhere via another hose, maybe down under the floor and out into the yard.
This is why I havent messed with it yet, might be good in their sunning trees outside in summer instead. :)

200841810431943521.jpg

soaker_hose_no_label.jpg

soaker_hose_50_watermarkborder.jpg

It said something about using a aquarium pump for pressure Jo. I just could not figure them out. I'm using them now, just no water. They're just hoses with cheap vine glued to them too.

Oh lawdy I need like eight of those. Too bad we don't have water in Arizona. :rolleyes:

That is really cool though, thanks for sharing. I wonder if the hose has anything in it that would cause the water permeation to have any additives from the material.

Cant be what I posted then.
I guess you could rig and aquarium filter/pump and cycle the water, but I dont like the idea of bacteria buildup.
If you could get it happening inside, it would be awesome for humidity, especially in dry climates, you could run it all over the cage for constant higher local humidity.

Oh lawdy I need like eight of those. Too bad we don't have water in Arizona. :rolleyes:

That is really cool though, thanks for sharing. I wonder if the hose has anything in it that would cause the water permeation to have any additives from the material.

I'm worried about that as well.

The first pic Jo posted looks like a different type than what I bought.

One of the people who bought a chameleon from me invested in one of those drip vines, and attached to a "big dripper".

I think its a waste of money. I do not like it.

One of the people who bought a chameleon from me invested in one of those drip vines, and attached to a "big dripper".

I think its a waste of money. I do not like it.

Thats really cool. Im going to try to get some of those to hook up to my big dripper. Thanks for posting that video.

~~1.0 Veiled Chameleon
It's a conspiracy!

I am still curious to know if they do add anything to the water

im a little concerned about what chemicals may be in the material used in this type of hose also,and if there isnt sufficient pressure then wouldnt you get stagnant water build up inside the hose as well? that isnt good either. have you ever had a sip of water from a regular hose? it taste like crap...hmmnnnn...maybe for outside in the summer,will have to look into it more before i use them,would be awesome if they were "safe" to use:) but i dont know bout it:confused:

Yeah, i feel the same way. The concept of the product is awesome i just dont know if it will work well enough. I just wanted to see if anyone had a good experience with it...ill just stick to my dripper: ) cant go wrong with that.

Back
Top Bottom