water blockage in throat?

Mxstical

Okay so I think he just has some water stuck in his throat, but i just poured a little bit of water on him and he was tryna swallow but i think i put it down too fast and he is okay, I think just has some water stuck in his throat, when does the water get out of his throat fully? what should i do? vet? also i went in his cage and LIGHTLY like barely touching him, put my finger under his throat, he didn't make a sound which is good because if he was he probably had some blockage, it just moved, so thats good so far.

Okay so I think he just has some water stuck in his throat, but i just poured a little bit of water on him and he was tryna swallow but i think i put it down too fast and he is okay, I think just has some water stuck in his throat, when does the water get out of his throat fully? what should i do? vet? also i went in his cage and LIGHTLY like barely touching him, put my finger under his throat, he didn't make a sound which is good because if he was he probably had some blockage, it just moved, so thats good so far.
Why were you pouring water on him? There's usually no need to do this at all.
He breaths through an opening towards the front of the mouth and not at the rear 'throat' area so liquid in the 'wrong hole' can be really bad news.

If you could post a completed care sheet and some pictures it will help.

I doubt this is anatomically possible OP. Water isn't going to just sit there. It would either go down the esophagus and be no problem or down the trachea into the lungs. He'd be in serious distress if that were the case.

Why were you pouring water on him? There's usually no need to do this at all.
He breaths through an opening towards the front of the mouth and not at the rear 'throat' area so liquid in the 'wrong hole' can be really bad news.

If you could post a completed care sheet and some pictures it will help.
Hey, I usually mist or pour water somewhat near his eyes for him to clean his eyes, don't worry I didn't DUNK water on him, just a small amount. He is doing good though.

I doubt this is anatomically possible OP. Water isn't going to just sit there. It would either go down the esophagus and be no problem or down the trachea into the lungs. He'd be in serious distress if that were the case.
He is doing good now, he seems to have zero distress. He is doing great and being his normal self.

Back
Top Bottom