Watch "Little Yoda" on YouTube

ChamieNewbie

https://youtu.be/5lP9evH5g-U

Normal or not normal behavior. First I know that they should not climb the screen but I also don't know how to get him to stop. So he does this multiple times in a row multiple times a day. He will walk on his branch to the screen climb up the screen across the ceiling right above the branch he just climbed across to get to the screen in the first place. He starts twitching his tail let go front arms first then drop. Hes a bit upset in this video because his dripper started to flood and I had to go in his enclosure to clean it up. Luckily I caught it before it was bad.

The twitching looks like he's just trying to get a grip. From what I've read screens are not ideal for their little feet/nails. My little one did this when I first got her. She's since stopped now that I have a chain going to the top of the screen where she just want's to be from time to time. I don't know why but I'm thinking they want to get warmer/closer to the light. Even if you have the basking spot set up at "right" temperature.

Maybe someone else can chime in and educate us.

The twitching looks like he's just trying to get a grip. From what I've read screens are not ideal for their little feet/nails. My little one did this when I first got her. She's since stopped now that I have a chain going to the top of the screen where she just want's to be from time to time. I don't know why but I'm thinking they want to get warmer/closer to the light. Even if you have the basking spot set up at "right" temperature.

Maybe someone else can chime in and educate us.

I wouldn't say I'm educating anyone here lol,but, my jacksons was doing this for a bit,even climbed out the top of the enclosure, he seemed to be trying to get closer to the the uvb light as he'd hang right under it. So I moved the uvb to the back of the fixture,closer to the heat source bulb in the dome fixture and moved my 6500 bulb to the front of the fixture,then I put a better and closer uvb basking area in for him,knock on wood, this seemed to fix the screen climbing.

I agree with SocialNumb that the twitching is from him trying to get a grip with his tail. That branch that you have there, is very thick, too thick for his little feet to properly grasp. This could be why he is choosing to climb via the screen. From my experience, it is also a sign of stress. I looks like he could probably use a little for foliage and cover in his cage. Keep an eye on him, climbing that close to his bulbs could possibly result in getting burned.

Hey SocialNumb

my 4 weeks old baby panther did the same thing when i first put him in. he was shaking a little and he would always be upside down-- after 1 weeks of feeding him a lot with gut loading, spraying vitamins, feeding dusted insects he got a lot stronger and stopped doing that. you don't have to do that, i did it bacause i didn't trust petco-- so i re-did him in a way over a week.

little ones require more misting. also the basking temp. should a lil lower than adult basking temp. good thing about small ones is they like fruit flies-- you don't need 24 hour cricket supply for them-- i throw in a banana for a week in a platic cup in his enclosure and he eats off the fruit flies.

you should feed this guy daily and load him up-- do not over with it vitamin D3/mineral and without-D3 (you need certain vitamins) -- giving them too much nutrients can cause major issues also-- but you want to give them very good care so they can grow well. just go to the this web sites care guide they should you how much to dust and what weeks to not dust with D3 or without D3.

nice guy here-- they grow slowly, you'll notice a difference in 3 months. mine stayed small for 2 1/2 months and now hes bigger with more colors.

Back
Top Bottom