Was in delivery two weeks!!

Toddfather

I ordered a Cham and he never came so I told the breeder and he sent me a new and today ( two weeks after I ordered the first one) my first order came in and is weak and alil skinny from where he hasn’t ate or drank in so long! Is there any advice for that other than making sure he takes the right vitamins and calcium and everything?

I’ve gave the little guy plenty of food in his cage and dusted with calcium w/d3 and multivitamin w/o d3 and ups “lost the package” and just now delivered it today I figured he would be dead but luckily he’s alive and seems pretty good tbh he’s asleep hanging upside down he’s gotten some strength back when I got him out the container he could barely grab ahold of me and stay upright he kept leaning to the side but since I’ve got him in there he’s made progress. I really ain’t set up for two Chams rn but luckily they are babies so they can coexist for the time being right? They are both about two months old. And is it possible to build a single cage big enough for both of them say like a 4x4x5?

I’ve gave the little guy plenty of food in his cage and dusted with calcium w/d3 and multivitamin w/o d3 and ups “lost the package” and just now delivered it today I figured he would be dead but luckily he’s alive and seems pretty good tbh he’s asleep hanging upside down he’s gotten some strength back when I got him out the container he could barely grab ahold of me and stay upright he kept leaning to the side but since I’ve got him in there he’s made progress. I really ain’t set up for two Chams rn but luckily they are babies so they can coexist for the time being right? They are both about two months old. And is it possible to build a single cage big enough for both of them say like a 4x4x5?

Attachments

• ED0CB608-B30D-4202-9A82-41D459F6088C.jpeg
    ED0CB608-B30D-4202-9A82-41D459F6088C.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 101
If you are currently housing the two together I would be very cautious and start prepping another enclosure now. Since the first Cham you have has an established territory per say from being in there longer he may start to assert dominance over the other. It may/will cause the new one stress which at this moment isn’t ideal since he was stuck in a box for so long and still adjusting. Just provide as muc coverage as possible so they are less likely to see each other. Make sure both you have multiple basking branches at different levels so they will less likely be basking on the same one. As far as the larger enclosure it’s a good size just keep the divider in between.

How big is the current set up? Can you please send pics? Thanks!

It’s just a 16x16x30

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 100
Okay well I’ll grab a couple scrap pieces of 2x4 from work tomorrow! And this is what I use
Just a heads up you can buy the same type of bulbs at your local department store that will usually last longer and cost half as much. I thought the bulbs were special when I first got into herping. I was wrong. You're really just paying twice as much for the pretty beardie on the box.

2 weeks without food or water (not to mention proper heat, humidity, etc.) is amazing especially for a baby ... that is one tough little sucker. I'd be more worried about dehydration than anything else. Has he been drinking OK?

Also, depending on the ambient room temperature and heat given off by your other bulbs, you may not need a basking light at all until they get older. If the temps at your highest branches reach the upper 20s (someone else please confirm) then I'd say that's more than sufficient.

2 weeks without food or water (not to mention proper heat, humidity, etc.) is amazing especially for a baby ... that is one tough little sucker. I'd be more worried about dehydration than anything else. Has he been drinking OK?

Also, depending on the ambient room temperature and heat given off by your other bulbs, you may not need a basking light at all until they get older. If the temps at your highest branches reach the upper 20s (someone else please confirm) then I'd say that's more than sufficient.
I know I expected him not to be alive when he arrived but luckily enough he was and is now doing great he’s been eating and drinking and they seem to be getting along ima start building two cages to move them into.

Just a heads up you can buy the same type of bulbs at your local department store that will usually last longer and cost half as much. I thought the bulbs were special when I first got into herping. I was wrong. You're really just paying twice as much for the pretty beardie on the box.
Okay thank you! I’ll try and save some money wherever I can lol

Back
Top Bottom