warts appearing on veiled

ahdex

the warts appeared over night. i have no idea what are they but the cham is eating well and drinking well.

whenever i touched the warts it appears that it hurts.

HELP! :(

Attachments

• 2013-08-15 15.15.05.jpg
    2013-08-15 15.15.05.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 331
Could be the start of some sort of skin infection or something. If he were mine, I would get him to a vet and have it checked out, especially if it appears to cause him pain.

A so called expert told me the warts appear due to high humidity and poor ventilation. I personally think its not possible, I house him in a full screen cage and mist twice a day only.

I have never seen anything quite like that and have no idea what it could be. Hopefully our kind forum vets will chime in.

I know that there are strain(s) of papillomaviruses that affect chams, but it would be surprising to see that many "warts" pop up overnight. They wouldn't be sensitive to the touch either.

Could be the start of some sort of skin infection or something. If he were mine, I would get him to a vet and have it checked out, especially if it appears to cause him pain.

I second this. Just calling a vet isnt going to cure this. They need to run some test....

That is a lot of skin growths. My veiled chameleon's has papillomavirus, which appears as warty growths. He has less than 10 growths but it could certainly cause more, although they are not painful. A poxvirus can also cause many warty skin growths. It could also be a fungal or bacterial infection spreading over the skin. To know which one it could be a vet will need to do diagnostics. Probably an impression smear to look for bacterial or fungal organisms under the microscope, or a skin biopsy to see what is growing in the skin or if a virus can be detected. Whatever it is the sooner the better because if it's infection it can get very serious (as in potentially life-threatening) very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom