Warts all over body?

nikixxx

As an experienced reptile owner I was very curious as to what this could be.. I wasn't able to take any photos of what I saw but I knew a good forum would help me find some answers. Me and my boyfriend were at an exotic petstore in our area, I was chatting up my friend who works there and I looked over to see a veiled chameleon in a 40 gln tall, one vine, a fogger, a fake tree and some bark substrate (it was horrible). As my friend took him out for me to see I took a closer look at him and saw that he had bumps ALL over him.. like there were big bubbles on his spine, tail, legs, everywhere. My friend said he couldn't figure out what it was but was upset the petstore wouldn't let him redo his tank properly. Later I heard the owner talking about putting him "on sale" because they just assumed he was going to die. God I hate petstores... but can anyone shine some light on this for me please!!!??

Could be cricket bites. Ever since the cricket plague came to the US, many cricket farms have been crossbreeding to increase resistance to the plague. Some of the crickets that they are creating crossbreeds of are very aggressive with sharp mandibles. I've even gotten some that look like black crickets mixed in. You don't want black crickets in with your chameleon.

When a chameleon is sleeping it is most vulnerable. Your chameleon will instinctively try to find a safe spot to sleep, but if the cage is poorly set up, they will not be able to find a safe spot to perch. If there are no sources of water or food for any loose crickets that might be in there overnight, they will make a meal out of your chameleon.

I got some pictures right before he scurried off. Can anyone figure this out for me i feel so bad for the little guy..

Back
Top Bottom